MLD

"Robert11" wrote in message
Hi,

Live in northeast. Driveway just big enough to need a snowblower.

Not quite there yet, but season sneaking up on us, I guess.

Need a new snowblower as my present Ariens one is about 30 yrs old.
Probably one of the most reliable things I've ever bought.

Are Ariens still considered as the "best," or should I take a serious
look at Toro, etc. ? They all look great in the store, and it's really
impossible to evaluate them there.

Anyone have any opinions on ?

Got my Ariens in Dec 1977 and it is still running strong. Maintenence has
been plugs, one belt and throttle cable change. It's dual stage for the
Northeast heavy wet snow drifts. Unless it's known that the Ariens'
reputation has slipped there is no reason to fight success.
MLD
Also, if an Ariens, the most suitable, I think, for me would probably be

one
of what they
call their "Compact" models (comes in 20 or 24" widths).

Any specific thoughts on these ?

Thanks,
Bob