Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair
Laz Laz is offline

Default Laminate Flooring Installation Questions

Hi Everyone,

I purchased my laminate flooring on Tuesday (June 3rd). I am aware of the
'wait 48 hours' rule and the flooring is still in the boxes in the room that
it will be installed in. I plan to start Friday or Saturday.

My concerns are....

1) I live in Toronto and the temps have been in the 20 degree Celsius range
since i bought the flooring. On Friday the temps are supposed to go up to
about 32 Celsius. There is rain in the forecast as well (I am already
feeling an increase in the humidity .. it will probably get worse by the
weekend). Having said this, should I now wait a little longer (I have been
told to avoid installing laminate in high humidity), or can I proceed with
the insallation on Saturday (temps are expcected to drop to the mid to low
20s by Monday)?

I of course will leave my 1/2" gaps around all the walls, etc.

The flooring is 10mm QuickStyle AutoClic (purchased at Rona)

2) QuickStyle recommends using their underlayments. I was speaking to a
gentleman that works in the Rona flooring department and he said that I
don't necessarily have to buy the QuickStyle flooring. He suggested I buy a
Rona branded 4 in 1 product (this would be the same as a 3 in 1 but with
some added bumps or something that aids in covering up minor floor
imperfections). This product seems a little thicker than the QuickStyle
underlay. Would this be a problem? Should I return it and just stick to
the QuickStyle recommendations and get theirs (it seemed a little thinner)?

Thank you,
Laz