Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Stanley door weatherstripping

My obviously poor attempts at searching have not produced a source of
weatherstripping - door edge as well as bottom - for my 15 year old,
Stanley, French doors. Does anyone have a source for Stanley door parts? I
have a phone number for Stanley garage door info but there's just nothing
coming up for entry doors. Maybe they're out of the business now. Someone
should be carrying it, though.

TIA,
Chuck

Posted to alt.home.repair

cm in cheyenne had written this in response to
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/main...ng-310189-.htm
:
Chuck--

Have you had any luck locating weatherstripping for those Stanley doors?
When I bought Stanley metal doors, I thought the magnetic weatherstripping
was a great idea, but I'm going to change my mind if I have to replace the
entire door because the weatherstripping is worn out.

wood butcher
-------------------------------------
C & E wrote:

My obviously poor attempts at searching have not produced a source of
weatherstripping - door edge as well as bottom - for my 15 year old,
Stanley, French doors. Does anyone have a source for Stanley door
parts? I
have a phone number for Stanley garage door info but there's just
nothing
coming up for entry doors. Maybe they're out of the business now.
Someone
should be carrying it, though.

TIA,
Chuck

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 9, 7:03 pm, (cm in
cheyenne) wrote:
cm in cheyenne had written this in response tohttp://www.thestuccocompany.com/maintenance/Stanley-door-weatherstrip...
:

C & E wrote:
My obviously poor attempts at searching have not produced a source of
weatherstripping - door edge as well as bottom - for my 15 year old,
Stanley, French doors. Does anyone have a source for Stanley door
parts? I
have a phone number for Stanley garage door info but there's just
nothing
coming up for entry doors. Maybe they're out of the business now.
Someone
should be carrying it, though.
TIA,
Chuck

Google is your friend;
http://www.amazon.com/M-D-Building-P.../dp/B0007UN5P0

I used this set on my Stanley and it works well.
On the bottom, an Md door bottom seal will work but it is a little too
thick, a bit of trimming does the trick, I put an inside sweep on the
door as well, very tight now.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Yea, butcher, i did. I called the garage door people and they gave me the
800# for them.
IIRC, Masonite now handles that product. I'll try to remeber to get the #
for you tonight.
The girl on the other end was a ditz and ended up giving me the weatherstrip
at no charge
because she couldn't figure out how to bill it !(?) Unfortunately, being a
ditz she sent me
eough stripping to do one, three foot entry door. Since my top piece was
apparently
still good I'm kiving with it as is. I'll do my best to get that for you.
Chuck

om...

C & E wrote:

My obviously poor attempts at searching have not produced a source of
weatherstripping - door edge as well as bottom - for my 15 year old,
Stanley, French doors. Does anyone have a source for Stanley door
parts? I
have a phone number for Stanley garage door info but there's just
nothing
coming up for entry doors. Maybe they're out of the business now.
Someone
should be carrying it, though.

TIA,
Chuck

Posted to alt.home.repair

cm in cheyenne had written this in response to
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/main...ng-341556-.htm
:
Thanks for the help. They're talking about 25 to 50-percent increases in
natural gas prices overthe winter up this way. Kinda gets a guy in the
mood to insulate!
wood butcher
-------------------------------------
C & E wrote:

[...]

om...

C & E wrote:

My obviously poor attempts at searching have not produced a
source of
weatherstripping - door edge as well as bottom - for my 15
year old,
Stanley, French doors. Does anyone have a source for Stanley
door
parts? I
have a phone number for Stanley garage door info but there's
just
nothing
coming up for entry doors. Maybe they're out of the business
now.
Someone
should be carrying it, though.

TIA,
Chuck

Posted to alt.home.repair

"cm in cheyenne" wrote in message
om...
cm in cheyenne had written this in response to
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/main...ng-341556-.htm
:
Thanks for the help. They're talking about 25 to 50-percent increases in
natural gas prices overthe winter up this way. Kinda gets a guy in the
mood to insulate!
wood butcher
C & E wrote:

That's the reason I switched to wood heat. But that has gone up from $110/
cord last year to $160/ cord this year. No method is immune from the
frantic runup in prices. Can you say, "recession"?