Default Weatherstripping for exterior wooden door - what should I use

There seems to be quite a variety to choose from. Currently the door
has some of the copper stuff in the door jamb, which is really ugly.
I'm leaning towards using stuff mounted on the outside that has
aluminum backing. However there does seem to be a variety of things
that you van stick in the door jamb, stick on or nail on stuff that
goes on the outside that has no backing.

Any advice here? The only thing I could find in the fourm was
references to latex paint sticking to certain kinds of weatherstripping.

Colbyt

wrote in message
ups.com...
There seems to be quite a variety to choose from. Currently the door
has some of the copper stuff in the door jamb, which is really ugly.
I'm leaning towards using stuff mounted on the outside that has
aluminum backing. However there does seem to be a variety of things
that you van stick in the door jamb, stick on or nail on stuff that
goes on the outside that has no backing.

Any advice here? The only thing I could find in the fourm was
references to latex paint sticking to certain kinds of weatherstripping.

I'm leaning towards using stuff mounted on the outside that has aluminum

backing.

By this if you mean the gray stripping that encased in an aluminum channel
I agree with your selection. It has worked well for me on several doors.
Install it with the door closed and only use moderate pressure to hold it
against the door while securing it into place.

Colbyt

Colbyt wrote:
By this if you mean the gray stripping that encased in an aluminum

channel
I agree with your selection. It has worked well for me on several

doors.
Install it with the door closed and only use moderate pressure to

hold it
against the door while securing it into place.

Colbyt

Can you find a link to a picture of the type of weatherstripping you
are talking about? I have a similar situation and if this works, would
love to get it...but I haven't seen anything like you describe so far.
Thanks,
Dave

Colbyt

wrote in message
oups.com...

Colbyt wrote:
By this if you mean the gray stripping that encased in an aluminum

channel
I agree with your selection. It has worked well for me on several

doors.
Install it with the door closed and only use moderate pressure to

hold it
against the door while securing it into place.

Colbyt

Can you find a link to a picture of the type of weatherstripping you
are talking about? I have a similar situation and if this works, would
love to get it...but I haven't seen anything like you describe so far.
Thanks,
Dave

Lousy picture. Right product. Use the zoom feature to at least see a
little detail.

http://www.lowes.com/lkn?action=prod...67218-81-01958

You might be able to find a better picture at the MD site if they have one.

Colbyt