Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Rabbit fence

What is the size hole or fence type needed to keep out Rabbits as we
have alot, my folks have picked a fence of maybe 1.5"x 2" and I know
it wont work as rabbits get in now, and especialy at an early age in
maybe 1" fence, the Red Tail Hawk, or a smaller type is busy in the
am. but I guess scared of full grown Rabbit sized ones. But the
squirrels are gone.
Posted to alt.home.repair

ransley wrote:

What is the size hole or fence type needed to keep out Rabbits as we
have alot, my folks have picked a fence of maybe 1.5"x 2" and I know
it wont work as rabbits get in now, and especialy at an early age in
maybe 1" fence, the Red Tail Hawk, or a smaller type is busy in the
am. but I guess scared of full grown Rabbit sized ones. But the
squirrels are gone.

I like this stuff-
http://doitbest.com/Pliers-Do+it+Bes...sku-745885.dib
[never dealt with that vendor- I just googled for a picture]

The small mesh at the bottom even keeps chipmunks out- the large
openings at the top let more light through.

A small rabbit- trapped in the garden if you leave the gate open- can
climb up to find a hole big enough to crawl through. But the only one
that has gotten into my garden in years was through the gate.

Jim
[my backup plans are a pellet gun and a live trap to keep the
populations in check]