Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Eavetroughing design question

The issue is a bungalow with an addition on it. Where the roofs meet,
it creates a 'V' obviously on a slope. Below the edge of the 'V' the
eavetroughs form a right angle turn. When it rains, the water streams
down this 'V', creates a mini-torrent of water and almost overshoots
the eavetroughing and certainly spills over the egde and pours onto
the deck below and splashes into the family room unless the door is
closed below. This means you can't just use the screened door..

There must be millions of homes with this type of design issue - so,
is there some sort of special eavetrough component to fix this? I had
thought perhaps something wider than regular eavetroughing, curved,
with higher sides that just snaps to connect to the regular
eavetrough.

So far I have not seen anything like this and have yet to come up with
a good solution to the problem.

I am sure there must be a fix for this. Does anyone know of one?

Help! TIA....
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
[...]

I've got a similar corner, and the gutters have an additional aluminum strip
that extends above the top of the gutters by about 6 inches, and is about 1
1/2 feet long on each side of the corner. This cornerpiece keeps water
coming down the valley from overflowing onto the ground.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 29, 8:23*pm, "JimR" wrote:
wrote in message

[...]

coming down the valley from overflowing onto the ground.- Hide quoted text -

yes - thanks. THat was what I had come up with for plan 'B'. Is this
pre-fab or something someone has added on do you think?
Posted to alt.home.repair

" wrote:

On May 29, 8:23 pm, "JimR" wrote:
wrote in message

[...]

Google "gutter valley splash guards". For example:

http://www.gutterworks.com/gutter_splash_guards.htm
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
On May 29, 8:23 pm, "JimR" wrote:
wrote in message

[snip]
I've got a similar corner, and the gutters have an additional aluminum
strip
that extends above the top of the gutters by about 6 inches, and is about
1
1/2 feet long on each side of the corner. This cornerpiece keeps water
coming down the valley from overflowing onto the ground.- Hide quoted
text -

yes - thanks. THat was what I had come up with for plan 'B'. Is this
pre-fab or something someone has added on do you think?

It was part of the original installation -- Jim R

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 30, 8:10*pm, "JimR" wrote:
wrote in message

On May 29, 8:23 pm, "JimR" wrote:

wrote in message

[snip]
I've got a similar corner, and the gutters have an additional aluminum
strip
that extends above the top of the gutters by about 6 inches, and is about
1
1/2 feet long on each side of the corner. This cornerpiece keeps water
coming down the valley from overflowing onto the ground.- Hide quoted
text -

yes - thanks. THat was what I had come up with for plan 'B'. Is this
pre-fab or something someone has added on do you think?

It was part of the original installation -- Jim R

I saw them on the web using the link provided, but Lowe's did not have
them. Guy said too bad - they could sell a zillion of them - go
figure....

I'll have to look elsewhere or fabricate one I guess.