Posted to alt.home.repair
JimR JimR is offline

Default Eavetroughing design question

wrote in message
The issue is a bungalow with an addition on it. Where the roofs meet,
it creates a 'V' obviously on a slope. Below the edge of the 'V' the
eavetroughs form a right angle turn. When it rains, the water streams
down this 'V', creates a mini-torrent of water and almost overshoots
the eavetroughing and certainly spills over the egde and pours onto
the deck below and splashes into the family room unless the door is
closed below. This means you can't just use the screened door..

There must be millions of homes with this type of design issue - so,
is there some sort of special eavetrough component to fix this? I had
thought perhaps something wider than regular eavetroughing, curved,
with higher sides that just snaps to connect to the regular
eavetrough.

So far I have not seen anything like this and have yet to come up with
a good solution to the problem.

I am sure there must be a fix for this. Does anyone know of one?

Help! TIA.

I've got a similar corner, and the gutters have an additional aluminum strip
that extends above the top of the gutters by about 6 inches, and is about 1
1/2 feet long on each side of the corner. This cornerpiece keeps water
coming down the valley from overflowing onto the ground.