Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cutting Concrete

I am going to cut a 3 foot by 6 inch section of my curb. (Don't worry
I have the required permit). It is also about 4 inches high. Is there
a certain concrete saw that can be recommended? Also, how long should
I expect to take to cut this chunk off?

Any info would be appreciated.
Henry
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Henry" wrote in message
I am going to cut a 3 foot by 6 inch section of my curb. (Don't worry
I have the required permit). It is also about 4 inches high. Is there
a certain concrete saw that can be recommended? Also, how long should
I expect to take to cut this chunk off?

Any info would be appreciated.
Henry

Any diamond bladed saw will cut concrete. be sure to run the cut wet or the
dust will be terrible. All you need is a saw with a large enough blade and
it should take only a few minutes per cut. Sounds like you'll need to rent
one with a 12" blade, its called a concrete saw. That 4 inch curb should go
another 4" below ground. A less than full depth cut can usually be followed
up with a sledge hammer depending on what you are doing.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 27 May 2008 12:58:16 -0700, Henry wrote:

I am going to cut a 3 foot by 6 inch section of my curb. (Don't worry I
have the required permit). It is also about 4 inches high. Is there a
certain concrete saw that can be recommended? Also, how long should I
expect to take to cut this chunk off?

Any info would be appreciated.
Henry

I would price the rental for the saw and what it would cost a contractor
to come over and cut the curb. If all you need is a few saw cuts, it may
be easier, cheaper and safer for someone else to do the work. Removing
the concrete is grunt work after all the cutting is done.

Franz Fripplfrappl
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 27 May 2008 12:58:16 -0700 (PDT), Henry
wrote:

I am going to cut a 3 foot by 6 inch section of my curb. (Don't worry
I have the required permit). It is also about 4 inches high. Is there
a certain concrete saw that can be recommended? Also, how long should
I expect to take to cut this chunk off?

Any info would be appreciated.
Henry

There are concrete cutting discs you can purchase for your circular
saw. This may take 5 minutes to cut through a curb, going too fast
may burn up your saw. This produces a lot of fine concrete dust;
wetting the area down before you cut may help with the dust. Wear old
clothing, goggles, respirator, hearing protection.