Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Honeywell RLV430 install help!

I have purchased 5 of these programmable thermostats for my home to
replace the older chromalox dial types. the heating is 240v in
ceiling radiant and the original stats are 4 wire where the new
honeywells are 2. I have followed the instructions for installing to
a 4 wire system and am getting power to the stat and heaters.. the
problem is the heater will not cut out. if i turn it down all the
way to 5 deg the lead going to the heater is still showing the same
voltage and the heater stays on.. I even tried swapping out a diff
unit and the same thing.. I wired it as instructed.. one of the 120
v leads get tied off to the lead in to the heater stays "hot or live"
then the other 120v to a lead on the new stat and the other to the
other lead on the heater. This is supposed to work with the stat
cutting out the full voltage when needed. but the unit keeps the 120
constant( tested with multimeter)

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated

Bruce