Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Do you have a "Man Drawer"?

"BRITISH men, having given over our houses to our wives, girlfriends and
womenfolk, are defined by our one last place to survive . . . the man
drawer."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...cle1184322.ece

Posted to alt.home.repair

"HeyBub" wrote in message
"BRITISH men, having given over our houses to our wives, girlfriends and
womenfolk, are defined by our one last place to survive . . . the man
drawer."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...cle1184322.ece

Nah, that drawer is in our kitchen, the "junk" drawer.

My husband has entire "man" ROOMS.

I hate all that frilly crap a lot of women have in their houses.

Give me simple of line, beautiful if possible, but most important,
functional. The best quality I can have without being ostentatious.
Streamlined living.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , cybercat says...

"HeyBub" wrote in message
"BRITISH men, having given over our houses to our wives, girlfriends and
womenfolk, are defined by our one last place to survive . . . the man
drawer."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...cle1184322.ece

Nah, that drawer is in our kitchen, the "junk" drawer.

My husband has entire "man" ROOMS.

Yep - we have "man caves". Garage or basement or den. My 15 year old son has
most of the finished basement for a futon, TV, workbench and airbrush station
for his scale model hobby, Bowflex, and weights. Happy as a clam. Messy as
hell, though.

Banty

Posted to alt.home.repair
Lou Lou is offline

Leave it to the Brits to
be dumb enough to put
light bulbs in a junk drawer.
Lou
Posted to alt.home.repair

cybercat wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message
"BRITISH men, having given over our houses to our wives, girlfriends
and womenfolk, are defined by our one last place to survive . . .
the man drawer."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...cle1184322.ece

Nah, that drawer is in our kitchen, the "junk" drawer.

My husband has entire "man" ROOMS.

I hate all that frilly crap a lot of women have in their houses.

The point the author was making was that the women have taken over the
entire nest, save for one piddly drawer.

My theory is that it all starts downhill when you let the female choose the
toilet paper. Girls are trained early on to get the bathroom tissue protocol
straightenend out first, so the longer you can delay that moment of
reckoning, the better.

I got a glance of the housewive's worksheet once. Following toilet tissue
was:

2. Bodily noises.
3. Shaving on week-ends.
4. Socks on the floor.

I didn't get to see the rest, but it went on for PAGES!

We boys had classes in Jr High PE on how to release a brassiere latch
without losing a finger; I suppose girls had instructions "the list."

Posted to alt.home.repair

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
cybercat wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message
"BRITISH men, having given over our houses to our wives, girlfriends
and womenfolk, are defined by our one last place to survive . . .
the man drawer."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...cle1184322.ece

Nah, that drawer is in our kitchen, the "junk" drawer.

My husband has entire "man" ROOMS.

I hate all that frilly crap a lot of women have in their houses.

The point the author was making was that the women have taken over the
entire nest, save for one piddly drawer.

Yes, I know what the author's point was. My point was, it's not true here.
and I bet it's not true in lots of homes. We're partners, plain and simple.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Banty" wrote in message
In article , cybercat
says...

"HeyBub" wrote in message
"BRITISH men, having given over our houses to our wives, girlfriends and
womenfolk, are defined by our one last place to survive . . . the man
drawer."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...cle1184322.ece

Nah, that drawer is in our kitchen, the "junk" drawer.

My husband has entire "man" ROOMS.

Yep - we have "man caves". Garage or basement or den. My 15 year old son
has
most of the finished basement for a futon, TV, workbench and airbrush
station
for his scale model hobby, Bowflex, and weights. Happy as a clam. Messy
as
hell, though.

The happy part is the important part. :0)

Posted to alt.home.repair

"BRITISH men, having given over our houses to our wives, girlfriends and
womenfolk, are defined by our one last place to survive . . . the man
drawer."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...cle1184322.ece

Nope... no drawer here. Only the three car garage.

--
Fight Usenet Spam!!! - http://improve-usenet.org:80/

Want a great newsgroup reader that will filter out the flood of
newgroup spam?
Try MesNews - http://www.mesnews.net/gb/

If you want your posts to be seen, DON'T USE GOOGLE GROUPS!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 20, 2:18*pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
"BRITISH men, having given over our houses to our wives, girlfriends and
womenfolk, are defined by our one last place to survive . . . the man
drawer."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...cle1184322.ece

One common "junk drawer" here.

It has always been the same drawer in every house we lived in (quite a
bunch) - top drawer in the first cabinet one reaches upon entering the
kitchen.

Of course I have the garage but that leaves the closets (all 7 - some
of them huge) to her.

Harry K