Posted to alt.home.repair

Default electric range drip pans

Does anybody anywhere make stainless steel drip pans for ordinary
range burners? I am pretty sure the answer is no, but one can hope.
Everything is either some form of chromed steel with very little heat/
corrosion resistance, or else enameled steel, which lasts longer but
also corrodes. I have never had these pans last longer than a couple
of years. Stainless would discolor from the heat but would not rot,
and you can usually clean it. It annoys me that so much stainless is
used just for appearance (as in the exterior of gas grills), while an
application where it would actually do some good is simply ignored.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed 14 May 2008 10:04:53p, Red Green told us...

wrote in news:ba4991cf-283f-49ee-bc28-8637b00fe406
@w34g2000prm.googlegroups.com:

Does anybody anywhere make stainless steel drip pans for ordinary
range burners? I am pretty sure the answer is no, but one can hope.
Everything is either some form of chromed steel with very little heat/
corrosion resistance, or else enameled steel, which lasts longer but
also corrodes. I have never had these pans last longer than a couple
of years. Stainless would discolor from the heat but would not rot,
and you can usually clean it. It annoys me that so much stainless is
used just for appearance (as in the exterior of gas grills), while an
application where it would actually do some good is simply ignored.

So what's it gonna cost to replace the crummy ones with another set of
cheapos? I think I've seen a set of 4 at Target or the like for like 12
bucks. 6 bucks a year and you get brand new unblemished.

You can also buy black porcelain enameled steel drip pans that can be
cleaned in a self cleaning oven. That would be my choice.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Wednesday, 05(V)/14(XIV)/08(MMVIII)
Posted to alt.home.repair
Lou Lou is offline

I'm not sure that you have a problem here.
Like Red Green said $6 a year and your done.
You'll spend more than that on cleaning supplies
to keep the old ones.
Lou
Junior Member

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
Does anybody anywhere make stainless steel drip pans for ordinary
range burners? I am pretty sure the answer is no, but one can hope.
Everything is either some form of chromed steel with very little heat/
corrosion resistance, or else enameled steel, which lasts longer but
also corrodes. I have never had these pans last longer than a couple
of years. Stainless would discolor from the heat but would not rot,
and you can usually clean it. It annoys me that so much stainless is
used just for appearance (as in the exterior of gas grills), while an
application where it would actually do some good is simply ignored.
Donald, I agree with you completely. The so-called chrome plated do not last a year (I’m a sloppy cook). The black porcelain on cheap metal soak-up heat so rapidly that my GE range gets hard to touch after one hour of cooking. It realy sucks. Stainless is easy to clean even after discoloration unless is burned/heated to glowing red.

So far, I have not been able to locate any stainless steel drip pans on the Internet. I have not search overseas (Taiwan, Europe or Australia). They usually have smaller rangers or cooktops then ours. My standard electric GE range takes C style 8.5 and 6.375 diameter drip pans. Donald or Anyone, I would appreciate any information leading to the location of stainless drip pans.

And please, do not tell me how cheap the standard pans are. I WANT SS.

Painting Chrome Oven Drip Pans Jeffy3 Home Repair 36 January 6th 17 07:24 PM
Electric range TH Home Repair 9 February 12th 07 09:39 PM
Drip drip drip noise from toilet miamicuse Home Repair 1 November 2nd 06 02:14 AM
Shower head leak - drip...drip...drip... miamicuse Home Repair 9 August 20th 05 01:02 AM
Delta faucet drip...drip...drip... orangetrader Home Repair 19 December 25th 04 09:55 PM