Old May 6th 08, 09:16 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Default Non-permanent method to mount TV antenna?

I rent one half of a small duplex that kind of sets in
a "bowl" as far as good HD TV signal reception.

I'm def going to have to use an outdoor antenna to get
off air digital TV channels. Thing is I'm looking for a
non-perm method of mounting a smallish TV antenna up
high..... roof or something. No drilling or mounting
wanted if possible

I was thinking abt just mounting antenna on side of
something heavy such as concrete block and SETTING it
on top of roof.

Any other ideas out there?

Old May 6th 08, 09:45 PM posted to alt.home.repair

I was thinking abt just mounting antenna on side of
something heavy such as concrete block and SETTING it
on top of roof.

Uh! Something heavy on the roof. Danger! I remember my parent's sat
dish stopped working after a storm. My father and I went up under the
roof and found out that the tube holding it was only fixed with two
hose clamps. Turned the tube until reception quality was okay again,
fixed the clamps and went down.

If there is some tube at the outside of your house you can fix such a
tube with a dish mounted on top at it. Or if there is some gap
somewhere in the roof put the tube through it. Or if you can drill a
few holes to the wall mount it at the outside. Or... - be creative!

virtuPIC
--
Airspace V - international hangar flying!
http://www.airspace-v.com/ggadgets for tools & toys
Old May 6th 08, 09:51 PM posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
I rent one half of a small duplex that kind of sets in
a "bowl" as far as good HD TV signal reception.

I'm def going to have to use an outdoor antenna to get
off air digital TV channels. Thing is I'm looking for a
non-perm method of mounting a smallish TV antenna up
high..... roof or something. No drilling or mounting
wanted if possible

I was thinking abt just mounting antenna on side of
something heavy such as concrete block and SETTING it
on top of roof.

Any other ideas out there?

is there a chimney? you can get a metal pole for a mast and long chimney
straps in home depot to mount antennas. this doesn't require any permanent
changes.

Old May 7th 08, 12:56 AM posted to alt.home.repair

On May 6, 12:16*pm, wrote:

I was thinking abt just mounting antenna on side of
something heavy such as concrete block and SETTING it
on top of roof.

Any other ideas out there?

5 gallon bucket, 1 bag of concrete mix, pipe to mount antenna, set on
roof.

Jerry

Old May 7th 08, 02:42 AM posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message

I rent one half of a small duplex that kind of sets in
a "bowl" as far as good HD TV signal reception.

I'm def going to have to use an outdoor antenna to get
off air digital TV channels. Thing is I'm looking for a
non-perm method of mounting a smallish TV antenna up
high..... roof or something. No drilling or mounting
wanted if possible

I was thinking abt just mounting antenna on side of
something heavy such as concrete block and SETTING it
on top of roof.

Any other ideas out there?

if the roof is wood and asphalt, putting it in the attic might work
almost as well. I remember living in a dorm in college, we lived on the
top floor of the building, we simply taped the antenna to the ceiling.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Old May 7th 08, 04:17 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On May 6, 9:47*pm, Red Green wrote:
Jerry wrote in news:3bb80afe-2837-4b39-9add-
:

On May 6, 12:16*pm, wrote:

I was thinking abt just mounting antenna on side of
something heavy such as concrete block and SETTING it
on top of roof.

Any other ideas out there?

5 gallon bucket, 1 bag of concrete mix, pipe to mount antenna, set on
roof.

Jerry

Boy if that doesn't should like a plot for a Tim Allen or Red
Green episode.

Couldn't be a Tim Allen episode - unless the antenna was rotated by a
450 HP turbocharged HEMI.
Old May 8th 08, 04:36 AM posted to alt.home.repair

DerbyDad03 wrote in
:

On May 6, 12:16*pm, wrote:

I was thinking abt just mounting antenna on side of
something heavy such as concrete block and SETTING it
on top of roof.

Any other ideas out there?

5 gallon bucket, 1 bag of concrete mix, pipe to mount antenna, set
on roof.

Jerry

Boy if that doesn't should like a plot for a Tim Allen or Red
Green episode.

Couldn't be a Tim Allen episode - unless the antenna was rotated by a
450 HP turbocharged HEMI.

I didn't watch that Tim Allen show regularly but did catch the one where
he turbocharged the dishwasher or garbage disposal.

Non-permanent glue? Toller Woodworking 10 December 6th 06 04:50 PM
Permanent Acne Cure tim Home Repair 0 April 30th 06 02:01 AM
Where to Mount Antenna Amp ? Magnusfarce Home Ownership 4 June 1st 05 03:09 AM
Best way to anchor a tripod TV antenna mount on a house roof? udarrell Home Repair 4 March 5th 05 12:59 AM
remove permanent marker UK diy 18 March 4th 04 01:35 AM