Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Circular Blade for Cutting Both Wood and Metal

I have some 2'x4' panels I am using for a kitchen remodel. The panels are
particle board wrapped and glued with thin gauge stainless steel sheet.
I would like to cut them down on a table saw, but I'm not sure what type of
blade if any would work. I have already cut a few using an air disc
grinder for the steel and then finished cutting the wood with the table saw
but the steel cuts are not suitable for finish work.

Thanks a for any advice,

JB

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 4, 12:51*pm, "Junior" wrote:
I have some 2'x4' panels *I am using for a kitchen remodel. *The panels are
particle board wrapped and glued with thin gauge stainless steel sheet.
I would like to cut them down on a table saw, but I'm not sure what type of
blade if any would work. * I have already cut a few using an air disc
grinder for the steel and then finished cutting the wood with the table saw
but the steel cuts are not suitable for finish work.

Thanks a for any advice,

JB

Try posting your question over in rec.woodworking.

Posted to alt.home.repair

DerbyDad03 wrote:

On May 4, 12:51Â*pm, "Junior" wrote:
I have some 2'x4' panels Â*I am using for a kitchen remodel. Â*The panels
are particle board wrapped and glued with thin gauge stainless steel
sheet. I would like to cut them down on a table saw, but I'm not sure
what type of blade if any would work. Â* I have already cut a few using an
air disc grinder for the steel and then finished cutting the wood with
the table saw but the steel cuts are not suitable for finish work.

Thanks a for any advice,

JB

Try posting your question over in rec.woodworking.

Try a small piece with a carbide saw blade. I use one to cut alum. but not
sure how it would react to steel. You might find an abrasive blade to just
cut through the steel and finish off with wood blade.
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Junior" wrote in message
I have some 2'x4' panels I am using for a kitchen remodel. The panels are
particle board wrapped and glued with thin gauge stainless steel sheet.
I would like to cut them down on a table saw, but I'm not sure what type
of blade if any would work. I have already cut a few using an air disc
grinder for the steel and then finished cutting the wood with the table
saw but the steel cuts are not suitable for finish work.

Thanks a for any advice,

If it is thin gauge, a carbide blade should to the job. It may dull quickly
compared to all wood, but very thin meal won't do much harm.

Posted to alt.home.repair

There are several brands of circular saw blades made for cutting
steel including rebar, angle iron, plate, etc. These are carbide
tipped blades. Morse, Tenryu, DML and some others make these
blades. Stainless is really hard on all tools and bits. I am
confident it will cut, I don't know how long they will last.

Here are a few sites:
Morse metal devil
http://www.mkmorse.com/

DML