Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
RPS RPS is offline

Default Laundry room sink faucet

The laundry room in our six-flat needs a new sink faucet. It doesn't
get that much use, but we also connect garden hose to it, so should be
sturdy.

Now this is not the kind of product that Consumers Union and local
dailies review, and even the big-box stores don't have much selection,
so I'd appreciate any brand recommendations or warnings.

Home Depot has Glacier Bay (probably their home brand), a brass model
for around $35. Menards has a similar deal too.
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

On Apr 21, 11:51 am, RPS wrote:
The laundry room in our six-flat needs a new sink faucet. It doesn't
get that much use, but we also connect garden hose to it, so should be
sturdy.

Now this is not the kind of product that Consumers Union and local
dailies review, and even the big-box stores don't have much selection,
so I'd appreciate any brand recommendations or warnings.

Home Depot has Glacier Bay (probably their home brand), a brass model
for around $35. Menards has a similar deal too.

I haven't seen a decent Glacier Bay product, so I'd stay away from
them. Gerber makes a pretty good laundry faucet at a reasonable
price.

JK
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

RPS wrote:
The laundry room in our six-flat needs a new sink faucet. It doesn't
get that much use, but we also connect garden hose to it, so should be
sturdy.

Whatever you decide on, ensure that the spout has an anti-siphon device,
otherwise you risk contaminating the water supply.
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

on 4/21/2008 12:51 PM RPS said the following:
The laundry room in our six-flat needs a new sink faucet. It doesn't
get that much use, but we also connect garden hose to it, so should be
sturdy.

Now this is not the kind of product that Consumers Union and local
dailies review, and even the big-box stores don't have much selection,
so I'd appreciate any brand recommendations or warnings.

Home Depot has Glacier Bay (probably their home brand), a brass model
for around $35. Menards has a similar deal too.

Can you use a 'hose bib' or 'sillcock' faucet that is used on the
outside of the house for connecting garden hoses?
It won't look too pretty, but this is in a laundry room.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

laundry room Patt Home Repair 2 June 18th 07 08:08 PM
Installing Laundry Sink in basement, do I need a sink pump? [email protected] Home Repair 8 February 19th 07 04:22 PM
Laundry faucet leak Captain Home Repair 2 November 25th 06 04:20 AM
Capping laundry faucet [email protected] Home Repair 2 February 1st 05 09:38 PM
leaky laundry faucet Tony Tung Home Repair 5 December 25th 04 01:48 AM