Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cost of Concrete

Can anyone give me a ball park cost for a yard of concrete? Does the price per
yard go down as the yardage goes up?
My project will take about 68 yards.

Thanks
__________________
Bill Waller
New Eagle, PA

Posted to alt.home.repair

Bill Waller wrote:
Can anyone give me a ball park cost for a yard of concrete? Does the
price per yard go down as the yardage goes up?
My project will take about 68 yards.

Thanks
__________________
Bill Waller
New Eagle, PA

Using Google as "pennsylvania+concrete+price" yields, for a common variety:

12+ yards, $101.00/yard plus tax from Hartzle's Concrete.

This is a LOT of concrete (6 - 8 truck loads). Are you sure you've got your
figures honed to perfection?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 12, 3:47*pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
Bill Waller wrote:
Can anyone give me a ball park cost for a yard of concrete? Does the
price per yard go down as the yardage goes up?
My project will take about 68 yards.

Thanks
__________________
Bill Waller
New Eagle, PA

Using Google as "pennsylvania+concrete+price" yields, for a common variety:

12+ yards, $101.00/yard plus tax from Hartzle's Concrete.

This is a LOT of concrete (6 - 8 truck loads). Are you sure you've got your
figures honed to perfection?

Maybe it's just a small patio, but he knows he's not very good at it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Bill Waller" wrote in message
Can anyone give me a ball park cost for a yard of concrete? Does the price
per
yard go down as the yardage goes up?
My project will take about 68 yards.

Thanks
__________________
Bill Waller
New Eagle, PA

Why not ask your local dealer? At 68 yard you'll be getting the best price.
Hope you have a lot of help lined up. Pricing also takes into account how
it must be delivered. Just a dump? Pump? What mix?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Bill Waller" wrote in message
Can anyone give me a ball park cost for a yard of concrete? Does the price
per
yard go down as the yardage goes up?
My project will take about 68 yards.

Thanks
__________________
Bill Waller
New Eagle, PA

Where are you pouring this runway?

A cubic yard is L*w*d= /27 assuming the measurements are in feet or
a fraction thereof.

1foot*27foot*1foot = 27 /27 = 1 cubic yard

The first 3 yards (here) cost more because of the haul charge and the price
per yard is less after that.

--
Colbyt
Please come visit

Posted to alt.home.repair

Colbyt wrote:
"Bill Waller" wrote in message
Can anyone give me a ball park cost for a yard of concrete? Does the
price per
yard go down as the yardage goes up?
My project will take about 68 yards.

Thanks
__________________
Bill Waller
New Eagle, PA

Where are you pouring this runway?

A cubic yard is L*w*d= /27 assuming the measurements are in
feet or a fraction thereof.

1foot*27foot*1foot = 27 /27 = 1 cubic yard

The first 3 yards (here) cost more because of the haul charge and the
price per yard is less after that.

Maybe it's a sidewalk:

1/3 foot deep (4") x 3' wide x 27' long = 1 cubic yard.

68 yards x 27' = 1,836 feet.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 15:36:44 -0400, Bill Waller wrote:

Can anyone give me a ball park cost for a yard of concrete? Does the price per
yard go down as the yardage goes up?
My project will take about 68 yards.

Thanks for the input.
The project is the replacement of a 310', plus large parking area driveway. The
total area is ± 5550 sq. ft. On top of that, I am considering having the front
staircase redone plus a small slab for an outdoor shower.

....and no, I am NOT going to do it myself. I plan on going out for bids this
week.
__________________
Bill Waller
New Eagle, PA

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 13, 5:47*am, Bill Waller wrote:
On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 15:36:44 -0400, Bill Waller wrote:
Can anyone give me a ball park cost for a yard of concrete? Does the price per
yard go down as the yardage goes up?
My project will take about 68 yards.

Thanks for the input.
The project is the replacement of a 310', plus large parking area driveway.. The
total area is *± 5550 sq. ft. On top of that, I am considering having the front
staircase redone plus a small slab for an outdoor shower.

...and no, I am NOT going to do it myself. I plan on going out for bids this
week.
__________________
Bill Waller
New Eagle, PA

The answer to your question is at the other end of your phone and it
will be accurate for your area. Ask the local pre-mix or talk to the
contractor. Any figure given here will not be what you pay there
whereever it is.

Harry K
Posted to alt.home.repair

Concrete costs vary due to availability of stone, sand,
competition, etc.
All concrete is going up with fuel surcharges, etc on almost a
daily basis.
Admixtures and fibers increase the cost.

All this said, only your local supplier could possibly price the
concrete to you. For a ball park figure, use $100 per cubic yard.
As a home owner, one-time purchaser you will NOT get competitive
pricing. A local concrete man may well buy concrete cheaper than
you can possibly get it. Most suppliers offer an additional 1
1/2% if paid by the xxx of the month. I can't imagine a
contractor sharing that with you.

--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

"Bill Waller" wrote in message
Can anyone give me a ball park cost for a yard of concrete? Does
the price per
yard go down as the yardage goes up?
My project will take about 68 yards.

Thanks
Bill Waller
New Eagle, PA

How much does it cost to pay someone to lay concrete. jtumis Home Repair 4 October 4th 06 12:07 PM
Surface Plate Cost/Shipping Cost [email protected] Metalworking 5 March 5th 06 10:19 PM
Concrete Slab Cost Zzyzx Home Repair 12 January 20th 06 12:12 AM
Cost to install a concrete pad? The Other Harry Home Repair 11 January 11th 04 08:53 PM
Rough cost of re-doing a concrete drive David Hearn UK diy 9 September 17th 03 03:05 PM