Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What type of gutter system is this?

Working for a client yesterday, I saw a type of gutter installation I
hadn't seen before, and was wondering if someone here knew about it. It
consists of metal gutters that are completely covered with a fine screen
on top to keep debris out. The screen is sloped towards the roof edge.
Inside the gutter is a layer with bigger perforations in it. It looks as
if this would pretty much make gutter maintenance (i.e., cleaning stuff
out of them) a thing of the past. Stuff just slides off the screen.

conversation with the average voter.

- Attributed to Winston Churchill
Posted to alt.home.repair

Try "Leaf Filter" uses a micro screen to keep debree out and let water
through. I've had it since last Summer and it does exactly what it's
supposed to. They have a Web Page. I got mine installed in Seattle. Say
Jim Lofgren sent you if you get them and I get a gift card. (No conflict of
interest here (:} )

"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message
s.com...
Working for a client yesterday, I saw a type of gutter installation I
hadn't seen before, and was wondering if someone here knew about it. It
consists of metal gutters that are completely covered with a fine screen
on top to keep debris out. The screen is sloped towards the roof edge.
Inside the gutter is a layer with bigger perforations in it. It looks as
if this would pretty much make gutter maintenance (i.e., cleaning stuff
out of them) a thing of the past. Stuff just slides off the screen.

conversation with the average voter.

- Attributed to Winston Churchill

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/12/2008 3:34 PM Jim L spake thus:

Try "Leaf Filter" uses a micro screen to keep debree out and let water
through. I've had it since last Summer and it does exactly what it's
supposed to. They have a Web Page.

Yep, sure do: http://www.leaffilter.com

Looks like good stuff. I'm guessing it's a bit on the expensive side,
but may actually save money in the long run.