Zipadee Doodar

Default what type of system do I have?

I need to replace a radiator, and will read all the FAQs, but I do not know
what type of system I have - sealed or other.

I have a Vaillant ecomax combi which has a pressure gauge, and lots of
whistles, bells and flashing lights. Although there is a header tank in the
loft, all pipes to it have been disconnected. Does this mean I have a sealed
system?

TIA

Zipadee Doodar

"Sparks" wrote in message
.. .

If you don't have a (connected) header tank, and have a pressure gauge, it
would be a sealed system.

You should also have a filling loop somewhere, usually near the boiler,
where you can increase the pressure of the system.

Sparks...

OK thanks. That narrows things down a bit.

Ed Sirett

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 22:49:56 +0000, Sparks wrote:

I have a Vaillant ecomax combi which has a pressure gauge, and lots of
whistles, bells and flashing lights. Although there is a header tank in
the
loft, all pipes to it have been disconnected. Does this mean I have a
sealed
system?

If you don't have a (connected) header tank, and have a pressure gauge, it
would be a sealed system.

You should also have a filling loop somewhere, usually near the boiler,
where you can increase the pressure of the system.

(These) Vaillant boilers have internal filling loops operated by
screw-head-slotted valves accessed from below and immediately left and
right of the return pipe coupling.

See Bottom FAQ.
HTH