Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Who makes these hinges?

Hi,

Can you help me determine who makes these hinges?

http://www.hardwaresource.com/Store_...s.asp?Cat=1437

(The seller would not identify them for me.)

I am just hoping to find a better price... This place is charging
$13.18 per pair while similar hinges sell for $2.99 a pair here
(http://doitbest.com/Cabinet+hinges-N...model-N213538-
doitbest-sku-215788.dib).

Aaron
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 6, 4:44 pm, Aaron Fude wrote:
Hi,

Can you help me determine who makes these hinges?

http://www.hardwaresource.com/Store_...s.asp?Cat=1437

(The seller would not identify them for me.)

I am just hoping to find a better price... This place is charging
$13.18 per pair while similar hinges sell for $2.99 a pair here
(http://doitbest.com/Cabinet+hinges-N...model-N213538-
doitbest-sku-215788.dib).

Since you're not going to need an exact match, just find something
similar at a price you like. I've had good luck finding hinges on
eBay. If, for some reason, you need to find that exact hinge, search
using the dimensions - .059" (or whatever the leaf thickness was)
can't be that common.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 6, 4:44 pm, Aaron Fude wrote:
Hi,

Can you help me determine who makes these hinges?

http://www.hardwaresource.com/Store_...s.asp?Cat=1437

(The seller would not identify them for me.)

I am just hoping to find a better price... This place is charging
$13.18 per pair while similar hinges sell for $2.99 a pair here
(http://doitbest.com/Cabinet+hinges-N...model-N213538-
doitbest-sku-215788.dib).

While the $13 may be inflated, be sure the $2.90 are truly the same. Cheap
hinges are often cheaper materials that don't hold up as well over time.
Lee Valley has them from 90¢ to $38 a pair.

This will give you an idea of how much prices can vary with quality
http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/pa...=3,41241,41258
or
http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/pa...=3,41241,41249
or down to
http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/pa...=3,41241,41250
or even 90¢
http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/pa...87,45916,45917

hinges. Donald Weber Woodworking Plans and Photos 11 November 11th 07 10:30 PM
hinges. Nova Woodworking Plans and Photos 0 November 10th 07 01:57 AM
Hinges edee em Home Repair 3 July 18th 07 01:55 PM
hinges Tim Taylor Woodworking 1 June 27th 06 05:28 PM
"Pop off" Hinges Anthony Bowles UK diy 3 April 9th 05 10:43 PM