Posted to alt.home.repair

Default No power to ice maker

Hi,

Our ice maker quit in mid-cycle (inside our 3 yr old Amana 25 cf
bottom-freezer frig).

I pulled out the ice maker unit and the water supply solenoid. The
drive motor and solenoid both work when power is supplied externally.
However, there is not voltage on any pair in the four-conductor plug
on the back wall of the freezer; where the ice maker plug attaches.
The units are marked for 120v.

I checked after the frig was off for a while, and again after it had
been running overnight. Everything else seems to work fine.

Is there a fuse inside the frig somewhere? I didn't see anything
obvious. What am I missing?

Any assistance woudl be greatly appreciated. (It's really handy to dip
into that ice bin.)

Thanks
Dennis
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 5, 11:42*am, wrote:
Hi,

Our ice maker quit in mid-cycle (inside our 3 yr old Amana 25 cf
bottom-freezer frig).

I pulled out the ice maker unit and the water supply solenoid. The
drive motor and solenoid both work when power is supplied externally.
However, there is not voltage on any pair in the four-conductor plug
on the back wall of the freezer; where the ice maker plug attaches.
The units are marked for 120v.

I checked after the frig was off for a while, and again after it had
been running overnight. Everything else seems to work fine.

Is there a fuse inside the frig somewhere? I didn't see anything
obvious. What am I missing?

Any assistance woudl be greatly appreciated. (It's really handy to dip
into that ice bin.)

Thanks
Dennis

OOPS! Answered my own question. Duh - power goes off when the door is
open. Dennis

Ice Maker Dottie Home Repair 10 December 28th 07 12:02 AM
Ice maker Stacia Home Repair 10 August 7th 07 09:54 AM
Ice maker won't eject ice Bluto Home Repair 2 July 24th 06 10:08 PM
Old Ice in Ice Maker Bin Sherman Home Repair 9 July 30th 05 04:50 PM
Ice maker help The other Mike Home Ownership 3 April 22nd 05 12:41 AM