Posted to alt.home.repair
MLD MLD is offline

Default Flushing A/C Condensate Line

"Art" wrote in message
Any recs. on how to keep algae/? from building up in a/c condensate drain
line. I have used bleach on a regular basis in the past but was recently
told by a/c repair type that they have noticed that this can damage the
pvc pipe. He suggested using vinegar but thought that works fine for lime
deposits but what about algae! Thanks. Art

I've been using a 50-50 mix of bleach and water for double digit years to
clean out my condensate drip pan and the PVC line. Have yet to see any kind
of damage/deterioration.
MLD

condensate pipe run Daljit UK diy 3 March 29th 07 04:33 PM
bad smell from AC condensate line [email protected] Home Repair 15 February 27th 07 04:48 PM
Condensate soakaway Rod UK diy 8 April 19th 05 07:46 PM
Toilet flushing problem [difficult flushing-possible vent problem] [email protected] Home Ownership 4 March 19th 05 10:30 AM
Condensate everywhere kjpro Home Ownership 16 August 10th 03 01:24 AM