DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Flushing A/C Condensate Line (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/238753-re-flushing-c-condensate-line.html)

MLD March 18th 08 10:28 PM

Flushing A/C Condensate Line

"Art" wrote in message
Any recs. on how to keep algae/? from building up in a/c condensate drain
line. I have used bleach on a regular basis in the past but was recently
told by a/c repair type that they have noticed that this can damage the
pvc pipe. He suggested using vinegar but thought that works fine for lime
deposits but what about algae! Thanks. Art

I've been using a 50-50 mix of bleach and water for double digit years to
clean out my condensate drip pan and the PVC line. Have yet to see any kind
of damage/deterioration.
MLD