Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Hidden camera clock

My aunt thinks some of her family is coming in her house when she is
gone.

I have suggested she use a camera clock I have seen on the Internet.
Can someone that has used one suggest features to look for?

I am sure it should be motion activated and hold a few hours of video.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Terry" wrote in message
My aunt thinks some of her family is coming in her house when she is
gone.

I have suggested she use a camera clock I have seen on the Internet.
Can someone that has used one suggest features to look for?

I am sure it should be motion activated and hold a few hours of video.

When you did a google search using the same words as your subject line, what
did you find?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 18:48:55 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

"Terry" wrote in message
.. .
My aunt thinks some of her family is coming in her house when she is
gone.

I have suggested she use a camera clock I have seen on the Internet.
Can someone that has used one suggest features to look for?

I am sure it should be motion activated and hold a few hours of video.

When you did a google search using the same words as your subject line, what
did you find?

alt.home.repair

--
Oren
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 13:41:41 -0500, Terry
wrote:

My aunt thinks some of her family is coming in her house when she is
gone.

Why does she think that?

I have suggested she use a camera clock I have seen on the Internet.
Can someone that has used one suggest features to look for?

A Nanny Cam doesn't alway have to be in a clock.

I am sure it should be motion activated and hold a few hours of video.

Or time laspe. Is she tech savy?

--
Oren
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 23, 12:41*pm, Terry wrote:
My aunt thinks some of her family is coming in her house when she is
gone.

I have suggested she use a camera clock I have seen on the Internet.
Can someone that has used one suggest features to look for?

I am sure it should be motion activated and hold a few hours of video.

Super Circuits has clocks with motion recorders for about 400 but you
have an AC plug comming out of it and its a commercial style, they
have what looks like a motion sensor for maybe 150 with a memory card.
there is a new one out that looks like a table radio that is cheaper,
Google around. You record then put the memory card in the computer
most.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
Terry wrote:

My aunt thinks some of her family is coming in her
house when she is gone.

Are they or is she just paranoid?

I have suggested she use a camera clock

Why all the cloak and dagger stuff? How about changing the locks on the doors
and the combination on the garage door remote keypad (if present)?

Is her intent to IDENTIFY the intruders or to keep them out?

With a "camera clock" (huh?), she may photograph an intruder but what then?

I am sure it should be motion activated and hold a few hours of video.

There are such devices in hunting supply catalogs. They are expensive and NOT
unobtrusive when activated. (Translation: The device's presence is revealed
when it "goes off". The intruder would simply then steal the device.)

She needs to contact her local law enforcement agency or mental health
professional.
--

JR
Posted to alt.home.repair

Terry wrote in
:

My aunt thinks some of her family is coming in her house when she is
gone.

I have suggested she use a camera clock I have seen on the Internet.
Can someone that has used one suggest features to look for?

I am sure it should be motion activated and hold a few hours of video.

you can buy security cams at WalMart,that send to a PC for storage and
playback. some of them have "motion sensor" software.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Posted to alt.home.repair

Jim Redelfs wrote:

In article ,
Terry wrote:

My aunt thinks some of her family is coming in her
house when she is gone.

Are they or is she just paranoid?

I have suggested she use a camera clock

Why all the cloak and dagger stuff? How about changing the locks on the doors
and the combination on the garage door remote keypad (if present)?

Cloak and dagger stuff is handy when people you trust turn out to be
untrustworthy.

Is her intent to IDENTIFY the intruders or to keep them out?

With a "camera clock" (huh?), she may photograph an intruder but what then?

I am sure it should be motion activated and hold a few hours of video.

There are such devices in hunting supply catalogs. They are expensive and NOT
unobtrusive when activated. (Translation: The device's presence is revealed
when it "goes off". The intruder would simply then steal the device.)

She needs to contact her local law enforcement agency or mental health
professional.

An awful lot of folks, especially elderly, give keys to trusted
relatives or neighbors. I just threw out keys
to three other people's homes that were given to me long ago to check
house while they were gone or
to look in on elderly friend. If someone is coming in when they are not
authorized, it is certainly a good
idea to get proof and then deal with it or ease worries ... cheaper than
a shrink and much more conclusive.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
Terry wrote:

My aunt thinks some of her family is coming in her house when she is
gone.

I have suggested she use a camera clock I have seen on the Internet.
Can someone that has used one suggest features to look for?

I am sure it should be motion activated and hold a few hours of video.

Try a game camera, you can get them for $75 on ebay and they will take
pictures of moving warm objects. When you are done you can sell it for
most of what you paid for it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Micro* wrote:
Try www.X10.com

How about just change the locks, and don't pass out any keys? Blame it
on orders from the insurance agent or something.

Life is too short for family dramas.

aem sends....

Posted to alt.home.repair

"aemeijers" wrote in message
Micro* wrote:
Try www.X10.com

How about just change the locks, and don't pass out any keys? Blame it on
orders from the insurance agent or something.

Life is too short for family dramas.

aem sends....

You just won the "Keep It Simple" award for today. :-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Marina" wrote in message news:011368ec$0$14198
Another thing, my mother in law says people come in her house and "switch"
things. For example, they switch wood supports in the basement, furnace
ducts, hubcaps on the car, her nice coat. She says they're replaced with
different things.
Once her toilet flushed on it's own. She said that there was a man on the
roof with a wire that connected to the handle, and he flushed it.

Show her this.
http://video.yahoo.com/watch/147379

Posted to alt.home.repair

Marina wrote:
aemeijers wrote in
:

Micro* wrote:
Try www.X10.com

How about just change the locks, and don't pass out any keys? Blame it
on orders from the insurance agent or something.

Life is too short for family dramas.

aem sends....

If it's only 1 person doing the comings and goings, then the others who
don't should have keys.

Another thing, my mother in law says people come in her house and "switch"
things. For example, they switch wood supports in the basement, furnace
ducts, hubcaps on the car, her nice coat. She says they're replaced with
different things.
Once her toilet flushed on it's own. She said that there was a man on the
roof with a wire that connected to the handle, and he flushed it.

You probably already know this, deep down, but if your MIL is saying
stuff like that with a straight face (versus just yanking your chain),
she should not be living alone, and she definitely should not be
driving. Time for a complete physical checkup for her, to rule out
chemical problems, and then a family meeting to discuss what to do next.

--
aem sends...
Posted to alt.home.repair

Once her toilet flushed on it's own. She said that there was a man on the
roof with a wire that connected to the handle, and he flushed it.

Please tell her I am sorry. I didn't mean to alarm her. I was just doing a
neighborhood check to insure all toilets were working.

Tim

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 20:13:07 -0800, "Micro*"
wrote:

Try www.X10.com

X10 cameras used to be unreliable.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

"Properly read, the Bible is the most potent
force for atheism ever conceived." -- Isaac Asimov

Posted to alt.home.repair

Marina wrote:

If it's only 1 person doing the comings and goings, then the others
who don't should have keys.

Another thing, my mother in law says people come in her house and
"switch" things. For example, they switch wood supports in the
basement, furnace ducts, hubcaps on the car, her nice coat. She says
they're replaced with different things.
Once her toilet flushed on it's own. She said that there was a man
on the roof with a wire that connected to the handle, and he flushed
it.

Heh! I once complained to a girlfriend that someone had broken into my house
and replaced virtually all my stuff with other stuff that looked exactly
like my original stuff! I went into great detail ("They didn't know about
the scratch on the bottom of the night-stand drawer...").

I never heard from her again.

More stuff to be replaced.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Terry wrote:
My aunt thinks some of her family is coming in her house when she is
gone.

I have suggested she use a camera clock I have seen on the Internet.
Can someone that has used one suggest features to look for?

I am sure it should be motion activated and hold a few hours of video.

Here's another direction: Sneak Thief Powder.

Apply it to your stuff. Anyone touching your stuff get the powder on his
hand. The powder is an aniline organic dye that colors the protein in the
skin into vivid hues that won't wash off.

http://www.homespy.com/powder.htm

This company also has hidden cameras so you can debut on YouPorn.com:
http://www.homespy.com/hidden_cameras_main.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

Terry wrote:

My aunt thinks some of her family is coming in her house when she is
gone.

I have suggested she use a camera clock I have seen on the Internet.
Can someone that has used one suggest features to look for?

I am sure it should be motion activated and hold a few hours of video.

Why not just avoid all the Mission Impossible stuff and take a
screwdriver - remove her front door lock - and take it to a hardware
store and they'll re-key it for a few bucks.

Then she'll know next time for sure, when she sees the kicked-in front
door, that she's had a visit.