Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Genie Intellicode garage door problem.

Hi, I'm having a problem with my garage door opener. A few weeks ago
I had to replaced the carriage assembly, but now I have a new
problem. When I pressed the interrupter the door goes down a little
bit then stops and goes up just a few inches. If I pressed the
interrupter again the door will go up a little bit and the stops.
Now, when I keep pressing the interrupter the door goes down about a
foot and then reverses for about a couple of inches and then stops.
On the opposite direction, the door will go up all the way, while I
keep pressing the interrupter. I have checked the LED's and they are
fine, no blinking, even I tested the door @ night to see the LED's and
the were fine. I cleaned their lenses too, I checked the limit
switches with an ohm meter and they were fine. Also checked with an
ohm meter the RPM board (I think it is call that way) is the one
besides the shaft of the motor and too it seems to be OK. I have no
idea what could be wrong, anybody had this problem before?
Please, any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Norman.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Norman" wrote in message
[...]

No answers, but possibly another trouble-shooting check. Disconnect the
opener from the door and make sure the door opens and closes smoothly
manually, and that there is an approximate balance between the weight of the
door and the tension on the door spring (ie, the door neither falls to the
bottom of the track because its weight overpowers any spring tension, nor
tries to go full open because the spring is too tight).

If the door operates properly manually, you can eliminate a spring tension
or binding track problem. OTOH, this may show that the opener is not the
problem and that the door itself needs adjustment.