Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Where do you buy your tools?

I was wondering where you buy your tools online? and what it is you
look for in an online tool distributor?
Posted to alt.home.repair

I was wondering where you buy your tools online? and what it is you
look for in an online tool distributor?

www.coastaltool.com good prices, good service

www.leevalley.com Best guarantee, fair prices, items not easily found.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article
,
" wrote:

I was wondering where you buy your tools online? and what it is you
look for in an online tool distributor?

Well, we look primarily for spammers. That way, we can try out our new
power tools on their eyeballs.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
I was wondering where you buy your tools online? and what it is you
look for in an online tool distributor?

I rarely buy tools online. I like to handle a tool first. I may look
online, read online, but when it comes to buying, I like to buy at a store.
Unless, in rare cases I can get the best price online.

Except for things I buy at yard sales. And pawn shops. I couldn't afford
the things I have if I had paid full price for them. And good tools last a
long time, so yard sales stuff is okay. Did buy a Graco XR7 on ebay, and
love it.

Bought a Husky chainsaw new online for cheaper than I could find it
anywhere.

There are so many different tools, and so many sources, there is no best
one. And it depends on the work you do. Different crafts require different
equipment. Some can be had online at the best combination. Others from
local dealers. And lots of stuff from here and there on sale, or used.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 7 Feb 2008 19:45:27 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

I was wondering where you buy your tools online? and what it is you
look for in an online tool distributor?

Several places. Most online purchases I made through Amazon and I
never had a problem (although I have heard other people had issues). I
use a Discover credit card because it has the best security, plus it
offers free one-time use numbers for Internet purchases. For
lesser-known companies, research before you buy.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
I was wondering where you buy your tools online? and what it is you
look for in an online tool distributor?

Several places. �Most online purchases I made through Amazon and I
never had a problem (although I have heard other people had issues). I
use a Discover credit card because it has the best security, plus it
offers free one-time use numbers for Internet purchases. �For
lesser-known companies, research before you buy.

harbor freight have decent tools at cheap prices, definetely not
contractor quality but fine for occasional use
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 7, 10:45*pm, "
wrote:
I was wondering where you buy your tools online? and what it is you
look for in an online tool distributor?

Since you asked I guess it's ok to plug my site. Go to Beach Trading
Company www.beachtradingco.com. I have a big selection and deeply
discounted prices. Oh and did I mention the great customer service? ;-)
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Beach Trading Company" wrote in message
On Feb 7, 10:45 pm, "
wrote:
I was wondering where you buy your tools online? and what it is you
look for in an online tool distributor?

Since you asked I guess it's ok to plug my site. Go to Beach Trading
Company www.beachtradingco.com. I have a big selection and deeply
discounted prices. Oh and did I mention the great customer service? ;-)

Deeply discounted prices? How do you make any money. You must have bought
it very cheap to start with. But then, all that Chinese crap is pretty
cheap. And worthless.

As I said, I like to see and hold a tool I'm going to buy.

Great customer service? Does that mean you will continue to send
replacements until the customer gets one that works?

Cheaptoolsonline.com ............. what's wrong with this picture?

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair
N8N N8N is offline

On Feb 7, 10:45*pm, "
wrote:
I was wondering where you buy your tools online? and what it is you
look for in an online tool distributor?

I've been buying a lot of stuff from McMaster-Carr lately, mostly
hardware and drill bits though not actual tools.

Amazon seems to have a decent selection of tools, and occasionally
excellent prices - got a 3/8" DeWalt drill from them for about $30,
and I use the crap out of it - when you don't need the Big Gun it's
awful handy (hanging curtain rods, boring holes for Romex, etc.)

I just bought my Sawzall at Lowe's because I needed it quick, although
I'm sure I paid more than I had to for it.

Most of my tools to tell the truth were either inherited, scavenged
from a junk pile, or bought cheap and used at yard sales. There's no
way I could have afforded to pay anything close to retail for all the
stuff I have.

nate

nate
Posted to alt.home.repair

Deeply discounted prices? *How do you make any money. *You must have bought
it very cheap to start with. *But then, all that Chinese crap is pretty
cheap. *And worthless.

Maybe you should have a look at whats on my site before you making
statements like that. I sell professional grade tools many with
lifetime guarantees. As for how much I pay for the tools I'll tell you
that I'm just not marking the tools up as much as other suppliers.

As I said, I like to see and hold a tool I'm going to buy.

I think you should hold onto your tool and have a happy life.

Great customer service? *Does that mean you will continue to send
replacements until the customer gets one that works?

Yup. If you get a tool from me that doesn't work I'll happily make
arrangements to replace it. But that rarely happens.

RichB
www.beachtradingco.com
Posted to alt.home.repair

[...]

www.beachCHINESECRAPtradingco.com

And life and business is so good, you're spamming newsgroups, posting your
URL link every time you can?

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

[...]

(snip the spam)

A spammer of sorts but you did stick around to defend yourself. Thats
one for you.

Thick skin? You asked for it.

You claim good prices and service but your site sucks. Difficult to
find anything in particular. Not what anyone would call user
friendly. I buy on line, but I wouldn't buy from your site.

Unprofessional, amateur, no confidence in your business at all.

I suspect you will attract the bottom feeders, the ones that
buy for the absolute lowest price, then howl to everyone
that they've been ripped off when the slightest thing goes wrong.
The real on line places would love you to take over that bunch.

Good luck with your enterprise. You have a long way to go but
who knows. Check out a site like Lee Vally. Come back here when
you think you're in their league.

I look forward to doing business with you some day.

LdB

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 8, 9:34*pm, L D'Bonnie wrote:
[...]

What a dick. Someone answers a question and he gets slammed. Be glad
we live in a country where someone can start their own business.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 7, 10:45 pm, "
wrote:
I was wondering where you buy your tools online? and what it is you
look for in an online tool distributor?

I like to see and handle my tools bvefore buying, there is a lot of
cheap junk on the market.

The nice thig about hand tools is that they last a long time so you
can pick up some pretty
good stuff used.

I check out Craiglist, Grarage Sales, Classifieds, Flea Market,
Antique supplies

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 7, 10:45*pm, "
wrote:
I was wondering where you buy your tools online? and what it is you
look for in an online tool distributor?

I sometimes use www.pricegrabber.com to compare prices. It doesn't
always find every site selling a given tool, but it's a decent way to
see if the price you have found elsewhere is reasonable. In many
instances it finds prices that are the best at sites you might not
have found elsewhere. Just make sure you include shippings costs and
taxes since these can vary greatly - make sure you are comparing total
cost, not just the cost of the tool.

I recently found a DC011R (Dewalt radio/battery charger) via
pricegrabber that was cheaper to buy directly than people were bidding
at eBay. A few winning bids were lower, but the shipping made the
final price higher. There were 3 auctions going on at the time that I
was purchasing and it was kind of fun to watch people bidding higher
and higher when they could have just bought the unit directly for less
money.