Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Heater fan won't turn off, just cold air.

Hello,
I have a Tempstart Heater that will not turn the blower off after I
turn it on from the thermostat. The fan still run even when I swith
off, just cold air. The only way to shut it off is to open up the
heater panel and reset the button inside the heater. It was working
for the first couple of years when I bought the house. I don't think
it's the vent issue. I suspected it could be a relay. Please
help direct me how to replace this is the problem. Thanks in advance.

kevin
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 5, 12:22*pm, wrote:
Hello,
I have a Tempstart Heater that will not turn the blower off after I
turn it on from the thermostat. *The fan still run even when I swith
off, just cold air. *The only way to shut it off is to open up the
heater panel and reset the button inside the heater. *It was working
for the first couple of years when I bought the house. *I don't think
it's the vent issue. *I suspected it could be a relay. *Please
help direct me how to replace this is the problem. *Thanks in advance.

kevin

Furnaces have a temp switch on the hot air plenum that controls the
blower. When the air gets hot enough, it turns the blower on. When
it drops below a lower limit, it turns the blower off. Usually these
settings are adjustable and it's possible the low limit was set right
on the edge and over time, the mechanical characteristics of the
switch changed a tiny bit so it no longer cycles off. It's also
possible the temp switch is shot.