Posted to alt.home.repair

Default P trap for a 4" PVC pipe

I have a deck drain from my pool area which is enclosed in a screen. The
drain is a 4" PVC pipe that drains to the outside of the house into a gravel
pit.

I noticed quite a bit of no-see-ums in the screen enclosure area, and this
should not happen since it's screened in with insect screen that no-see-ums
cannot pass through. I am suspecting they are coming up from the deck drain
pipe that drains into the gravel pit. I guess the only way to stop this is
to either cover the outlet with a screen mesh material but that would
inhibit the flow when it rains and also trap debris. The other option is to
install a p-trap in the drain line, but do they make a p-trap for 4" PVC
pipes?

Thanks,

MC

Posted to alt.home.repair

MiamiCuse wrote:

The other option is to install
a p-trap in the drain line, but do they make a p-trap for 4" PVC
pipes?

Do they make something called a P trap? Dunno.

Do they make fittings that can be made onto a P trap? Of course.

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

Posted to alt.home.repair

"dadiOH" wrote in message
MiamiCuse wrote:

The other option is to install
a p-trap in the drain line, but do they make a p-trap for 4" PVC
pipes?

Do they make something called a P trap? Dunno.

Do they make fittings that can be made onto a P trap? Of course.

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

I am sorry, I meant to say a "running" p-trap, one that is built into the
pipe with a minimum dip.

Posted to alt.home.repair

MiamiCuse wrote:

I have a deck drain from my pool area which is enclosed in a screen. The
drain is a 4" PVC pipe that drains to the outside of the house into a gravel
pit.

I noticed quite a bit of no-see-ums in the screen enclosure area, and this
should not happen since it's screened in with insect screen that no-see-ums
cannot pass through. I am suspecting they are coming up from the deck drain
pipe that drains into the gravel pit. I guess the only way to stop this is
to either cover the outlet with a screen mesh material but that would
inhibit the flow when it rains and also trap debris. The other option is to
install a p-trap in the drain line, but do they make a p-trap for 4" PVC
pipes?

Thanks,

MC

NIBCO P/N 5885 (may have been replaced by a newer P/N)

Specs: http://www.nibco.com/assets/plasticfit.pdf
page 29

Posted to alt.home.repair

Easy enough to make a run trap-- just get a 90 and two 45's. Put the 90
so it looks like a "V", and then come off each side with a 45. 4"
fittings are not cheap, but if you could find a ready made fitting like
you are looking for, I would bet it would cost many times what the three
fittings would cost. Larry

Posted to alt.home.repair
jim jim is offline

On Feb 2, 9:41*pm, (lp13-30) wrote:
Easy enough to make a run trap-- just get a 90 and two 45's. Put the 90
so it looks like a "V", and then come off each side with a 45. 4"
fittings are not cheap, but if you could find a ready made fitting like
you are looking for, I would bet it would cost many times what the three
fittings would cost. * * * *Larry

The size seems excessive but yes it can be done and if you can do it
as was described earlier will cost remember to put in on the flat as
trap will drain clean if angled. Also make it removable to clean and
drain 2 ferncos will do the job

flexible copper pipe "plumb sticks" or pipe bending Fred UK diy 24 June 16th 17 10:17 PM
Unwise to connect 11/4" drain to 11/2" trap? kc Home Repair 4 April 17th 07 11:38 AM
22mm Pipe cutter OK on 3/4" pipe? LSR UK diy 9 January 13th 07 02:19 PM
"P" trap [email protected] Home Repair 8 December 17th 05 08:07 AM
Trap versus "S" Bend Frank UK diy 5 October 17th 05 06:28 PM