Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Painting pressure treated wood

I have some exterior fascia that are pressure treated wood and I like to
paint them. Do I use a primer? Is it ok to use acrylic primer and paint?
Like Benjamin Moore Fresh Start and paint?

Thanks,

MC

Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob Bob is offline

"MiamiCuse" wrote in message
I have some exterior fascia that are pressure treated wood and I
like to paint them. Do I use a primer? Is it ok to use acrylic
primer and paint? Like Benjamin Moore Fresh Start and paint?

Thanks,

MC

I think it is a good idea to Always use a good primer on raw wood,
treated & untreated. I generally stick with the Zinser brand,
available at my local Ace Hdw store.
Bob-tx

Posted to alt.home.repair

"MiamiCuse" wrote in message
I have some exterior fascia that are pressure treated wood and I like to
paint them. Do I use a primer? Is it ok to use acrylic primer and paint?
Like Benjamin Moore Fresh Start and paint?

Thanks,

MC

Solid stain will work better. In any case, let the wood age for 5 to 12
months first. If you paint, always prime it first.