Posted to alt.home.repair, misc.consumers.house

Default Eden PURE Quartz Infrared Portable Heater

Received flyer on Eden PURE Quartz Infrared Portable Heater with many
claims of efficacy. Any feedback of this product would be
appreciated.
Frank
Georgia
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

"Frank Thompson" wrote in message
Received flyer on Eden PURE Quartz Infrared Portable Heater with many
claims of efficacy. Any feedback of this product would be
appreciated.
Frank
Georgia

No more efficient than any other electric heater on the market. Their hype
is that it saves you "all this $$". ANY electric heater will save you money
simply because you are now heating a specific area as opposed to the whole
house.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Frank Thompson wrote:

Received flyer on Eden PURE Quartz Infrared Portable Heater with many
claims of efficacy. Any feedback of this product would be
appreciated.
Frank
Georgia

My hubby bought one. If you stand right in front of it, you feel warm.
We have a heat pump
and when the outside temp is 40 (rarely), the h.p. doesn't do a lot of
good. The Eden is
ok if you park right in front of it.

On Jan 31, 5:20*am, Frank Thompson wrote:
Received flyer on Eden PURE Quartz Infrared Portable Heater with many
claims of efficacy. *Any feedback of this product would be
appreciated.
Frank
Georgia

You can get the same heat output for $29 at most any hardware store.
Eden Pure lies on their tv add saying something like other electric
heaters Burn the air and lower humidity. In fact just raising air temp
lowers humidity. I think their whole promotion is full of it.
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

Frank Thompson wrote:
Received flyer on Eden PURE Quartz Infrared Portable Heater with
many claims of efficacy. Any feedback of this product would be
appreciated.
Frank
Georgia

Incredibly overpriced. Especially considering that any 1500 w (max.
on 120v line) will heat just as much. In short, it is BS hype for
suckers.

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

dadiOH wrote:

Frank Thompson wrote:

Received flyer on Eden PURE Quartz Infrared Portable Heater with
many claims of efficacy. Any feedback of this product would be
appreciated.
Frank
Georgia

Incredibly overpriced. Especially considering that any 1500 w (max.
on 120v line) will heat just as much. In short, it is BS hype for
suckers.

Even with an exorbitant markup they must be selling S-loads of them to
afford all those full page print ads I keep seeing.

(Barnum must have been correct, there IS a sucker born every minute.)

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

On Jan 31, 2:13*pm, Jeff Wisnia wrote:
dadiOH wrote:
Frank Thompson wrote:

Received flyer on Eden PURE Quartz Infrared Portable Heater with
many claims of efficacy. *Any feedback of this product would be
appreciated.
Frank
Georgia

Incredibly overpriced. *Especially considering that any 1500 w (max.
on 120v line) will heat just as much. *In short, it is BS hype for
suckers.

Even with an exorbitant markup they must be selling S-loads of them to
afford all those full page print ads I keep seeing.

(Barnum must have been correct, there IS a sucker born every minute.)

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Those rip off prices are what has gotten them alot of TV airtime, the
worst part is the lies they tell to make sales . And they tell quite a
few. Something better might be an oil filled electric, ive had one
since 72? but any 29.95 unit will give the same output of heat
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

dadiOH wrote:
Frank Thompson wrote:

[...]

I would hope the FTC and DCP are investigating and will put the scammers
out of business soon. Presumably states would also be investigating, and
some states have extra penalties for scamming seniors which are likely a
large percentage of the victims.
Posted to alt.home.repair

The unit is overpriced and no more effective than any other 1500 watt
unit BUT they do offer a full price return (including shipping) option.
I know because I tried one last year. It also appears to be very well
made.

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 31, 6:34*pm, (---MIKE---) wrote:
The unit is overpriced and no more effective than any other 1500 watt
unit BUT they do offer a full price return (including shipping) option.
I know because I tried one last year. *It also appears to be very well
made.

* * * * * * * * * ---MIKE---In the White Mountains of New Hampshire

* (44° 15' *N - Elevation 1580')

I agree that much of the marketing is hype. However, it's not true
that any 1500W heater, of any type, is going to be equally effective
at making a person sitting in a room feel warm. Heat gets
transferred 3 ways, conducted, convected, and radiated. A heater
sitting in a room that puts out most of it's heat as convected, is
going to see that heat mostly rise. A heater like the Edenpure that
puts out a lot of radiant heat is going to be more effective at
warming a person sitting a few feet away. That's why if you go to
outdoor eating areas in cooler weather, the heat used relies on
radiant heating.

Now if you said the Eden pure is no more effective than any other
similar heater that puts out a lot of radiant heat, I'd agree with
that.
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 20:18:36 -0800 (PST), ransley
wrote:

On Jan 31, 8:52*pm, "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:
"Frank Thompson" wrote in message

Received flyer on Eden PURE Quartz Infrared Portable Heater with many
claims of efficacy. *Any feedback of this product would be
appreciated.
Frank
Georgia

I have the same brochure. *Some of the claims are borderline fraud. *It is
no more economical than any other 1500 watt heater on the market.

Some of their claims are fraud

There's another heater like that advertised in the local paper.They
say this one is FREE if you buy something else (with no mention of how
much THAT is). The ad does include a URL:
http://www.amishfireplaces.com/
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

"So far as I can remember, there is not one word
in the Gospels in praise of intelligence."
--Bertrand Russell
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 03:20:16 -0800 (PST), Frank Thompson
wrote:

Received flyer on Eden PURE Quartz Infrared Portable Heater with many
claims of efficacy. Any feedback of this product would be
appreciated.
Frank
Georgia

Much more effecient than any other heater. Look at the specs and
compare with others A great way to save $$ on your utility bill. I
have 2 and work very well.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

'With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.'
HVAC/R program for Palm PDA's
Free demo now available online http://pmilligan.net/palm/
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

LDC wrote:

wrote:

Received flyer on Eden PURE Quartz Infrared Portable Heater with many
claims of efficacy. Any feedback of this product would be
appreciated.
Frank
Georgia

Much more effecient than any other heater. Look at the specs and
compare with others A great way to save $$ on your utility bill. I
have 2 and work very well.

You are exactly the type of sucker that the ads are aimed at. Why
don't you quote the "specs" here? You won't because you are a
troll and we will never hear from you again. (Hint: all electric
heaters are 100% efficient.)

Hello,
He made my day!, LOL.

wrote:

Received flyer on Eden PURE Quartz Infrared Portable Heater with many
claims of efficacy. *Any feedback of this product would be
appreciated.
Frank
Georgia

Much more effecient than any other heater. *Look at the specs and
compare with others *A great way to save $$ on your utility bill. *I
have 2 and work very well.

You are exactly the type of sucker that the ads are aimed at. *Why
don't you quote the "specs" here? * You won't because you are a
troll and we will never hear from you again. *(Hint: all electric
heaters are 100% efficient.)

Hello,
He made my day!, LOL.- Hide quoted text -

I agree the Eden pure is mostly hype and believe any similar radiant
type heater should produce similar results for a lot less money.

I think a lot of people confuse efficiency with the type of heat that
is generated and how it's distributed. It's true that any electrical
heater is going to put out the same amount of heat. But, if you
stand in front of a heater that delivers the heat via radiation, you
will feel warm without heating the entire room. On the other hand,
if the same heat, using the same amount of electricity, is output by a
heater that heats primarily the air, the effects are different.
That's why outdoor cafes use radiant heaters in cool weather. So, it
is true that some heaters that consume the same amount of electriciy
will be better at producing results in varying applications.

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

wrote:

Received flyer on Eden PURE Quartz Infrared Portable Heater with many
claims of efficacy. Any feedback of this product would be
appreciated.
Frank
Georgia

Much more effecient than any other heater. Look at the specs and
compare with others A great way to save $$ on your utility bill. I
have 2 and work very well.

You are exactly the type of sucker that the ads are aimed at. Why
don't you quote the "specs" here? You won't because you are a
troll and we will never hear from you again. (Hint: all electric
heaters are 100% efficient.)

I wonder if its possible that the makers & users of these things really
mean *effective* and not efficient as defined in a physics textbook sort of
way.

It's easy to understand that they aren't superior from any other electric
heater from an energy consumption perspective, but maybe to their users
they "work better" than others due to some specific quirk of design and use.

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

wrote:

[...]

And some people seem to think that just because they paid twice what a
regular one costs that it "works better". My BIL and SIL are looking at one
now on a ten day trial. I'm going to find out what it is tomorrow. In the
$350 range. I saw one that I have on sale for $35 at HD the other day.
Let's see. I could go through ten of those for the price of one of the
spendy ones. But, of course, according to some people's logic, they
wouldn't be as good.

Those Ionic Breeze things are an example. My wife spent a grand on those,
and they didn't do any better. And, oh, yes, they have to be cleaned
regularly, or their efficiency drops to near zero. Something she hadn't
anticipated when she bought them. Ah, another honeydew project to put on my
long list. Nah. You bought them, you clean them. They sit in corners.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

SteveB wrote:

And some people seem to think that just because they paid twice what a
regular one costs that it "works better". My BIL and SIL are looking at one
now on a ten day trial. I'm going to find out what it is tomorrow. In the
$350 range. I saw one that I have on sale for $35 at HD the other day.
Let's see. I could go through ten of those for the price of one of the
spendy ones. But, of course, according to some people's logic, they
wouldn't be as good.

I don't doubt there's an element of defending one's stupidity, but having
owned a half-dozen electric heaters, all no-name generic ones with "1500W"
ratings, some seemed to be more effective than others at heating whatever
space I was trying to heat.

When I lived in the unheated basement, the oil-filled electric radiator was
tough to beat. When I was trying to heat the tuck-under garage at my
current house, it sucked and a fan-forced model worked much better.

Neither one was "more efficient" electrically, but each one "worked
better". In each situation, though, I had different comfort criteria and
was trying to heat different kinds of spaces.

Anyway, I can only guess that the owners of the Eden Pures probably are
probably working this line of reasoning; its too bad the manufacturer
chooses to bend the truth, but I guess the only product that's truly
marketed honestly is Colt 45 malt liquor, as it does "work every time."
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
dpb dpb is offline

Howard Beale wrote:

Anyway, I can only guess that the owners of the Eden Pures probably are
probably working this line of reasoning; ...

For the most part I doubt if there is any reasoning -- I would wager in
virtually all cases the owners bought it off the hype and it has made
heat when they plugged it in so they're convinced.

I happen to have one that my aunt gave us which came from a friend of
hers' estate -- it works fine, but isn't any more effective than another
radiant heater would be. It is better-built than the very cheap
Wally-World specials, however, but that doesn't do much other than give
one a feeling of quality that is part of how they can stay in business
methinks...

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

Howard Beale wrote:

maybe to their users
they "work better" than others due to some specific quirk of design and use.

Yep. It's called the placebo effect...

Quartz Space Heater Mike Home Repair 206 February 20th 07 11:48 PM
EdenPure quartz heater opinion wanted Tom Home Repair 7 December 3rd 06 11:57 PM
infrared heater or blue flame heater kloggins Home Repair 1 October 25th 06 05:15 AM
EdenPURET Quartz Infrared Portable Heater opinion wanted Dave Home Repair 3 December 29th 05 06:20 PM
Infrared patio heater [email protected] UK diy 8 July 9th 05 12:01 AM