Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What is a good IP based thermostat?

I'd like to be able to access it in the future via home control but I
really need the programmability now. Currently I just crank it down to
64 when I leave for work. Somedays I forget and I'd also like to dial
it down a little at night about 11 o'clock and then turn it back up
around 5:30.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 30, 9:26*am, CaRNaGe_46038 wrote:
I'd like to be able to access it in the future via home control but I
really need the programmability now. Currently I just crank it down to
64 when I leave for work. Somedays I forget and I'd also like to dial
it down a little at night about 11 o'clock and then turn it back up
around 5:30.

?????

How about spending $29.95 for a programmable digital thermostat at HD/
Lowes???

--Jeff
Posted to alt.home.repair

CaRNaGe_46038 wrote:

I'd like to be able to access it in the future via home control but I
really need the programmability now. Currently I just crank it down to
64 when I leave for work. Somedays I forget and I'd also like to dial
it down a little at night about 11 o'clock and then turn it back up
around 5:30.

here is one: http://www.controlbyweb.com/temperature/index.html
rw

Posted to alt.home.repair

CaRNaGe_46038 wrote:

I'd like to be able to access it in the future via home control but I
really need the programmability now. Currently I just crank it down to
64 when I leave for work. Somedays I forget and I'd also like to dial
it down a little at night about 11 o'clock and then turn it back up
around 5:30.

and found another he http://www.smarthome.com/3053.html

googled for "ip thermostat"
I was thinking of this too
rw

Posted to alt.home.repair

--

I found those prolyphics around the web also. Some very good reviews
and if you look hard enough you can find them for 299 or less. for the