Posted to alt.home.repair
KC KC is offline

Default Drill Doctor Question

On Jan 26, 2:58*am, "SteveB" wrote:
What's the smallest drill size that can be accurately sharpened on a Drill
Doctor? *It's the big one, but I don't recall the number. *750, IIRC.

Steve

They claim 3/32". It'll do it but not very good. I've found 1/8" to
be the practical smallest size to get a good edge.

To contradict Pete C's comment, I've recently bought one and have
sharpened approximately 300 bits with it. I spot tested many bits by
drilling into a steel plate before & after sharpening, and I think the
DD does a darn good job of sharpening bits. Maybe not like a pro could
do with professional equipment, but very good for a DIY person. And a
hell of a lot better than having a drawer full of dull bits like I
had.

KC
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article
,
KC wrote:

Maybe not like a pro could
do with professional equipment

Pros sharpen drill bits by hand, on a grinding wheel. One of the first
things a machinist needs to learn is how to sharpen tools. The drill
doctor is for hobbyists.