Posted to alt.home.repair

Default HVAC noise reduction

I wish to add one of those flexible/fabric collars around my main air
return duct in order to reduce noise and vibration transmission.
What's the proper term for one of those items? I'm trying to purchase
the parts to install this, but can't find any supplier on line.
Perhaps I'm just using the wrong search words.
Posted to alt.home.repair
a a is offline

catman wrote:
I wish to add one of those flexible/fabric collars around my main air
return duct in order to reduce noise and vibration transmission.
What's the proper term for one of those items? I'm trying to purchase
the parts to install this, but can't find any supplier on line.
Perhaps I'm just using the wrong search words.

Try "hvac vibration damper".

Posted to alt.home.repair

"catman" wrote in message
I wish to add one of those flexible/fabric collars around my main air
return duct in order to reduce noise and vibration transmission.
What's the proper term for one of those items? I'm trying to purchase
the parts to install this, but can't find any supplier on line.
Perhaps I'm just using the wrong search words.

McMaster-Carr has flexible duct connectors on page 606.
http://www.mcmaster.com

Is a fence with noise reduction possible? [email protected] Home Repair 16 March 28th 13 10:53 PM
What Peter Parry said & Noise reduction The Medway Handyman UK diy 11 August 15th 07 03:12 AM
noise reduction yo Home Repair 1 August 25th 05 09:11 PM
Noise Reduction in Office with Partitions [email protected] Home Repair 3 March 11th 05 03:18 PM
Noise reduction Dirtleg Woodworking 10 January 9th 04 06:43 AM