Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Jim is offline

Default Snow King

I have a 10 year old snow thrower that uses the Tecumseh Snow King series
engine. Having difficulty getting it to run smoothly.

Wish to start by ensuring the mixture screws are set properly. Old rule
of thumb used to be close all the way then back of one and a half turns.
Is that still true with the Snow King engines?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 19, 12:27*pm, Jim wrote:
I have a 10 year old snow thrower that uses the Tecumseh Snow King series
engine. *Having difficulty getting it to run smoothly.

Wish to start by ensuring the mixture screws are set properly. *Old rule
of thumb used to be close all the way then back of one and a half turns. *
Is that still true with the Snow King engines?

You might find the manual for your engine he

http://www.tecumsehpower.com/framese...uals/index.php
Posted to alt.home.repair

Still a good point of beginning.

It probably wouldn't hurt to run injector cleaner with the gas if
you can get it running. It is usually best to remove and clean
the carburetor, replace the spark plug, reset the magneto but
these may be deeper than you want to go.

--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

"Jim" wrote in message
I have a 10 year old snow thrower that uses the Tecumseh Snow
King series
engine. Having difficulty getting it to run smoothly.

Wish to start by ensuring the mixture screws are set properly.
Old rule
of thumb used to be close all the way then back of one and a
half turns.
Is that still true with the Snow King engines?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 19 Jan 2008 19:27:19 GMT, Jim wrote:

I have a 10 year old snow thrower that uses the Tecumseh Snow King series
engine. Having difficulty getting it to run smoothly.

Wish to start by ensuring the mixture screws are set properly. Old rule
of thumb used to be close all the way then back of one and a half turns.
Is that still true with the Snow King engines?

Don't know.

Raise the RPM on the engine and adjust the screw (s) by ear.

Oren
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 19 Jan 2008 19:27:19 GMT, Jim wrote:

I have a 10 year old snow thrower that uses the Tecumseh Snow King series
engine. Having difficulty getting it to run smoothly.

Wish to start by ensuring the mixture screws are set properly. Old rule
of thumb used to be close all the way then back of one and a half turns.
Is that still true with the Snow King engines?

After checking settings, replacing sparkplug & spraying cleaner- don't
waste your money on a rebuild kit. Chances are it will be about
$50-60 from Pat's small engines plus
http://www.psep.biz/store/tecumseh_carburetor_parts.htm for a new
carb.

I thought mine was an anomaly because, without touching an adjustment
screw, I gave a quick pull on the starter and it started up. I've
talked to several others now that had the same experience. 30 yr old
Bolens that now runs like/better than a brand new machine.

Jim

Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Jim is offline

On Sat, 19 Jan 2008 18:44:35 -0500, Jim Elbrecht wrote:

[...]

A contributing factor was the centrifugal advance was sticking.
Unfortunately I had already messed up the carb settings before I had
invested in a new can of WD-40.
Posted to alt.home.repair
dss dss is offline

Jim,

I just rebuilt the carburetor on an 8 HP Snow King that I've had for
22 years. Runs like a new engine and the kit cost less than $10 at
Northern Tool. The manual says one and a half turns for the main and
just one for the idle on float carburetors.

dss

snow, and the sound of snow dougreed Electronics Repair 4 August 9th 06 02:42 AM
King Vs Craftex [email protected] Woodworking 4 March 3rd 06 07:01 PM
King Jointer habbi Woodworking 10 February 11th 05 06:39 PM
WAY OT - HOW TO MAKE SNOW AND BUILD A HOMEMADE SNOW GUN J T Woodworking 0 August 6th 04 06:41 AM
Tecumseh Snow King Jim Strand Home Repair 1 January 17th 04 11:36 PM