Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Jim is offline

Default Wood stove parts

Friend of mine has an Avalon wood burning insert. Believe the model may
be the Olympic.

During the annual cleaning and inspection the technician said a couple
brackets and perhaps a baffle needed replacement.

Trouble is our local dealer no longer handles that line. Anywhere online
that has the actual parts? A Google search comes up with all sorts of
accessories for fireplaces but little actual replacement parts.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Jim" wrote in message
Friend of mine has an Avalon wood burning insert. Believe the model may
be the Olympic.

During the annual cleaning and inspection the technician said a couple
brackets and perhaps a baffle needed replacement.

Trouble is our local dealer no longer handles that line. Anywhere online
that has the actual parts? A Google search comes up with all sorts of
accessories for fireplaces but little actual replacement parts.

Not trying to be a smart*ss, but my first entry on a Google search was this:

http://www.hearthtools.com/parts/woodparts.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Jim is offline

On Sun, 13 Jan 2008 14:35:09 +0000, Dr. Hardcrab wrote:

"Jim" wrote in message
Friend of mine has an Avalon wood burning insert. Believe the model
may be the Olympic.

During the annual cleaning and inspection the technician said a couple
brackets and perhaps a baffle needed replacement.

Trouble is our local dealer no longer handles that line. Anywhere
online that has the actual parts? A Google search comes up with all
sorts of accessories for fireplaces but little actual replacement
parts.

Not trying to be a smart*ss, but my first entry on a Google search was
this:

http://www.hearthtools.com/parts/woodparts.htm

That one I had. Hoping to find others that with any luck might be on the
east coast so as to reduce the shipping expense. Also nice to have more
than one source. Better chance of all parts being available and
competitive in price.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Jim" wrote in message
Friend of mine has an Avalon wood burning insert. Believe the model may
be the Olympic.

During the annual cleaning and inspection the technician said a couple
brackets and perhaps a baffle needed replacement.

Trouble is our local dealer no longer handles that line. Anywhere online
that has the actual parts? A Google search comes up with all sorts of
accessories for fireplaces but little actual replacement parts.

Avalon is made by Travis Industries. Here is their information

HPBA Manufacturer Search

Travis Industries, Inc.
4800 Harbour Point Boulevard SW
Mukilteo, WA 98275

Phone: (425)609-2500
Fax: (425)609-2781
Email:
Website:
www.travisproducts.com
Products
Brands: 33 Elite; 36DVXL; 44DVXXL; 864TRV; Answer; Arbor Pellet Stove; Arbor
Wood Stove; Architectural Series; Artisan; Arts & Crafts; Astoria; Astoria
Bay; Avalon; Bed & Breakfast; Bedford; Bostonian Space Saver; Bungalow;
Cambridge; Cedar; Classic Arch; Constitution CF; Craftsman; DVL®; DVS;
Declaration; Discovery; Elite; Ember Fyre; Endeavor; Fireplace Xtrordinair;
Freedom; Freedom Bay; French Country; Hearthview; Hearthview Home Heater;
Hearthview See-Thru; Heritage; Hideaway; House of Fire Metro Mantels; House
of Fire Tempest Outdoor Torch; Liberty; Looking Glass; Lopi; Metropolitan;
Model 1080 CF; Model 564 Space Saver; Model 864 Home Heater; Model 864
See-Thru; Neo-Classic; Newport; Newport Bay; Olympic; Oxford Brown (color);
Parlor; Patriot; Pendelton; Pioneer; Posi-Pressure; Prairie; Rainier;
Revere; Revolution Pier; Revolution See-Thru; Rosario; Seattle Space Saver;
Spirit; Sweet Dreams; Travis Industries, Inc.; Tree of Life; Victorian Lace;
Whidbey CF; Winthrop; Winthrop Home Heater; Winthrop See-Thru; Yankee;
Yankee Bay

--
John Galbreath Jr.
www.FireLogs.com