Posted to alt.home.repair
Dr. Hardcrab Dr. Hardcrab is offline

Default Wood stove parts

"Jim" wrote in message
On Sun, 13 Jan 2008 14:35:09 +0000, Dr. Hardcrab wrote:

"Jim" wrote in message
Friend of mine has an Avalon wood burning insert. Believe the model
may be the Olympic.

During the annual cleaning and inspection the technician said a couple
brackets and perhaps a baffle needed replacement.

Trouble is our local dealer no longer handles that line. Anywhere
online that has the actual parts? A Google search comes up with all
sorts of accessories for fireplaces but little actual replacement
parts.

Not trying to be a smart*ss, but my first entry on a Google search was
this:

http://www.hearthtools.com/parts/woodparts.htm

That one I had. Hoping to find others that with any luck might be on the
east coast so as to reduce the shipping expense. Also nice to have more
than one source. Better chance of all parts being available and
competitive in price.

Gotcha.