Posted to alt.home.repair
cj cj is offline

Default entry door backset

greetings, i have a entry door with a lock backset of 4 and 3/8's . it
is an unusual size and i am curious as to finding a replacement for it.
i googled the info but all i get is the standard 2 and 3/8's
thanks, cj

Posted to alt.home.repair

cj wrote:

greetings, i have a entry door with a lock backset of 4 and 3/8's . it
is an unusual size and i am curious as to finding a replacement for it.
i googled the info but all i get is the standard 2 and 3/8's
thanks, cj

I have run across a couple of doors that had unusual backsets
during my years as a GC. One of them had door knobs in the
center of the door. Each time that I had to deal with these,
upon taking them apart I have found that they had what seemed
to be custom manufactured "extenders" for the bolt. I was
able to replace them with standard door hardware and reuse the
extension bolt. You might take yours apart and see if you can
do the same.

--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"cj" wrote in message
greetings, i have a entry door with a lock backset of 4 and 3/8's . it is
an unusual size and i am curious as to finding a replacement for it. i
googled the info but all i get is the standard 2 and 3/8's
thanks, cj

===
Try he

http://www.vandykes.com/

Posted to alt.home.repair

cj wrote:
greetings, i have a entry door with a lock backset of 4 and 3/8's . it
is an unusual size and i am curious as to finding a replacement for it.
i googled the info but all i get is the standard 2 and 3/8's
thanks, cj

I've seen Backset extensions for some locksets at Locksmith shops.

There's much more available in specific trade shops/retailers than
you will find in any of the big stores.

LdB

Door Entry System - Aluminium Door John UK diy 8 October 30th 07 10:04 PM
Entry Door Charles Bishop Home Repair 4 May 12th 07 05:31 AM
entry door Tony Pacc Home Repair 3 July 28th 06 07:42 PM
fibreglass entry door Dave Home Repair 3 July 7th 06 06:14 PM
Odd Backset Door Handle Mike Dobony Home Repair 9 November 29th 05 01:41 AM