Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Allison Robert Allison is offline

Default entry door backset

cj wrote:

greetings, i have a entry door with a lock backset of 4 and 3/8's . it
is an unusual size and i am curious as to finding a replacement for it.
i googled the info but all i get is the standard 2 and 3/8's
thanks, cj

I have run across a couple of doors that had unusual backsets
during my years as a GC. One of them had door knobs in the
center of the door. Each time that I had to deal with these,
upon taking them apart I have found that they had what seemed
to be custom manufactured "extenders" for the bolt. I was
able to replace them with standard door hardware and reuse the
extension bolt. You might take yours apart and see if you can
do the same.

--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.