Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Craftsman Snowblower problem

I am having a problem with my Craftsman snowblower. The chute angle lever
does not seem to be working. When I move the lever up, the chute angle does
not change. It should increase the angle upward. When I move the lever
down, about half way down I will feel some tension, as normal, and then the
chute will move downward as expected. Once, I move the lever up again,
there is no tension and the chute will not move. I have to manualy move the
chute upward, and I cannot always get it all the way up. This makes it so
that I cannot throw snow as far as I need to. Has anyone expericenced a
similar issue with Craftsman snowblowers? Is the chute angle lever prone to
this type of problem?

Thanks
Chuck

Posted to alt.home.repair
cln cln is offline

On Jan 2, 10:22*pm, "Chuck and Erika Douglas"
wrote:
* I am having a problem with my Craftsman snowblower. *The chute angle lever
does not seem to be working. *When I move the lever up, the chute angle does
not change. *It should increase the angle upward. *When I move the lever
down, about half way down I will feel some tension, as normal, and then the
chute will move downward as expected. *Once, I move the lever up again,
there is no tension and the chute will not move. *I have to manualy move the
chute upward, and I cannot always get it all the way up. *This makes it so
that I cannot throw snow as far as I need to. *Has anyone expericenced a
similar issue with Craftsman snowblowers? *Is the chute angle lever prone to
this type of problem?

Thanks
Chuck

I'd say its just the cable that is disconected. just like bicycle hand
brakes.

Craftsman 8.5 hp snowblower jasmin Home Repair 28 January 9th 14 06:25 PM
Old Craftsman Snowblower Square Pin [email protected] Home Repair 2 October 31st 06 03:24 PM
Craftsman snowblower won't run... Jason Home Repair 8 March 12th 05 12:16 AM
Craftsman 88700 SnowBlower for $500 ? Billy Home Repair 18 January 10th 04 04:36 AM
Craftsman snowblower problem! Corey Dale Home Repair 6 November 24th 03 04:48 PM