Posted to alt.home.repair

Default MILLIVOLT generator

Anyone know of a brand of 750 MILLIVOLT generator that actually puts
out 750 millivolts instead of 583 millivolts like the "Made in Mexico"
ones I keep finding so that I don't have to keep going back and
replacing it as often, and, no, it's got nothing to do with the pilot
flame strength or direction, I checked?
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Molly Brown" wrote in message
Anyone know of a brand of 750 MILLIVOLT generator that actually puts
out 750 millivolts instead of 583 millivolts like the "Made in Mexico"
ones I keep finding so that I don't have to keep going back and
replacing it as often, and, no, it's got nothing to do with the pilot
flame strength or direction, I checked?

A millivolt is a thousandth of a volt. Are you sure of your numbers? If yes,
you can probably design your own generator using hamster toys and some cheap
parts from Radio Shack.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 29, 12:55*pm, Molly Brown wrote:
Anyone know of a brand of 750 MILLIVOLT generator that actually puts
out 750 millivolts instead of 583 millivolts like the "Made in Mexico"
ones I keep finding so that I don't have to keep going back and
replacing it as often, and, no, it's got nothing to do with the pilot
flame strength or direction, I checked?

www.transcat.com. They are not cheap.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Is that 583 MV open circuit? What brand are you using now? I haven't
messed much with MV systems in more years than I'd lke to admit. We quit
working on wall furnaces about 8-9 years ago, and floor furnaces before
that. Back when we worked with them, we used General Controls PG9. They
were rated at 750. I don't remember checking the actual output, but
don't recall ever having a problem with them. I am looking in a
Johnstone catalog right now (last year's tho). They have them and
several others, though the PG9 is the only one that is the complete
assembly. The others are generator cartridges that must be installed in
the pilot burner. What exactly
are you working on and what is it doing? I remember a lot of floor
furnaces and a few wall heaters that originally had PG1's (250 MV). I
would think nearly 600MV would be adequate for most any MV system. What
kind of GV you got? Larry

Posted to alt.home.repair
Zyp Zyp is offline

lp13-30 wrote:
[...]

Good luck. General Controls stopped some years back. You're stuck with
Honeywell or White Rogers replacements. And those replacements are 500 mv
generators. Sorry.

--
Zyp

Rohde & Schwarz URV5 Millivolt meter JW Electronics Repair 8 February 4th 08 11:13 AM
generator - again Cuprager UK diy 7 August 3rd 06 09:51 PM
generator Cuprager UK diy 4 July 19th 06 09:09 AM
hayward pool heater millivolt 350 type pelsise Home Repair 2 May 31st 06 02:23 PM
Amphenol Millivolt Commander indago Electronics Repair 6 March 8th 06 08:14 PM