Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Eavestrough dripping - icy stairs

I have poorly installed eavestroughing right above the front stairs to
my house.
It's too late to go after the builder (I should have had him take care
of this a long time ago).

It's probably not the best time of year to correct the problem
permanently, so even a temporary solution that would tide me over for
this winter would be appreciated.

Ice forms in the eavestrough due to poor design of the troughing. The
water just collects and sits at one location (right above my stairs!).
Ice forms and then when the sun shines on it water drips onto the
stairs and freezes.

Would anyone have recommendations to solve this problem?

BTW, in the summertime water drips down on the stairs at the same
location so I know the troughing is screwed up there.
..
..
..
The Sig below is automatically inserted by Teranews.
I do not endorse their products.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 28, 7:19�pm, RepairNovice wrote:
I have poorly installed eavestroughing right above the front stairs to
my house.
It's too late to go after the builder (I should have had him take care
of this a long time ago).

It's probably not the best time of year to correct the problem
permanently, so even a temporary solution that would tide me over for
this winter would be appreciated.

Ice forms in the eavestrough due to poor design of the troughing. The
water just collects and sits at one location (right above my stairs!).
Ice forms and then when the sun shines on it water drips onto the
stairs and freezes.

Would anyone have recommendations to solve this problem?

BTW, in the summertime water drips down on the stairs at the same
location so I know the troughing is screwed up there.
.
.
.
The Sig below is automatically inserted by Teranews.
I do not endorse their products.

GET IT FIXED IN SPRING! It can be rotting the sheathing and do lots of
damage....

so how long have you lived with this?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 05:35:09 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

GET IT FIXED IN SPRING! It can be rotting the sheathing and do lots of
damage....

so how long have you lived with this?

I'm ashamed to admit I've been living with this for more than nine
years now.
..
..
..
The Sig below is automatically inserted by Teranews.
I do not endorse their products.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 28, 6:19*pm, RepairNovice wrote:
[...]

email me a pictutre of the front af the house and tell you the
cheapest way to correct the problem without tearing apart the house
Posted to alt.home.repair

Novice,

I assume that eaves troughs are roof gutters. Roof gutters should drain.
They should drop about 1/2 in. every 10 ft. I bet this wasn't done. You'll
need to take down and rehang the gutters come this Spring. I'd check all the
gutters

Dave M.

Stairs Into Kitchen - 2 sets of stairs ? Andy UK diy 2 January 21st 06 11:00 PM
Tap dripping. Ben UK diy 9 November 29th 05 06:34 PM
winter problem with eavestrough Wayne Jones Home Repair 5 September 25th 05 04:58 AM
Repairing eavestrough holes? Ebeneezer Geezer Home Repair 10 August 13th 05 02:35 AM
Carpeting stairs and filling in wood stairs Dantanna Home Ownership 2 January 10th 05 11:35 PM