Posted to alt.home.repair
s s is offline

Default washing machine: I made it worse!

hi there! i had a look inside my front loading washing machine to
inspect an intermittant tripping mcb problem and carefully removed the
motor to vacuum it from carbon dust.to make this easier i laid down
the machine on its side.

turns out it was clean but when i replaced it & refitted belt, drum is
now making a bad loud friction metalic sound at every revolution at a
certain position, even when spinned by hand. machine operates ok
except this sound.

what could i have done wrong? thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 24, 9:11*am, s wrote:
hi there! i had a look inside my front loading washing machine to
inspect an intermittant tripping mcb problem and carefully removed the
motor to vacuum it from carbon dust.to make this easier i laid down
the machine on its side.

turns out it was clean but when i replaced it & refitted belt, drum is
now making a bad loud friction metalic sound at every revolution at a
certain position, even when spinned by hand. machine operates ok
except this sound.

what could i have done wrong? thanks

Sounds like You may have misaligned the ring on the front of the drum
that acts as a bearing.
Posted to alt.home.repair
s s is offline

thanks.i posted a 3second (256k) video with sound of the mentioned
sound.i am spinning the drum by hand here with the belt off.you can
hear the sound it made.

http://www.geocities.com/ymailus/washer.ASF
Posted to alt.home.repair
s s is offline

the sound is coming from the front (different 3 second 339k video
below)
http://www.geocities.com/ymailus/washer_front.mpg

the sound seems to be from frction between the front of the drum and
the big rubber lip around the door.the drum is not contacting the lip
evenly as seen in the video.

also here is a photo of the top springs: http://www.geocities.com/ymailus/top.JPG

thx
Posted to alt.home.repair
s s is offline

should i lubricate this rubber seal around the door which contacts the
drum maybe?

Posted to alt.home.repair
s s is offline

any idea from the video clip what i should try next with the machine?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Ron Ron is offline

On Dec 27, 3:15 am, wrote:
On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 09:11:20 -0800 (PST), s wrote:
hi there! i had a look inside my front loading washing machine to
inspect an intermittant tripping mcb problem and carefully removed the
motor to vacuum it from carbon dust.to make this easier i laid down
the machine on its side.

turns out it was clean but when i replaced it & refitted belt, drum is
now making a bad loud friction metalic sound at every revolution at a
certain position, even when spinned by hand. machine operates ok
except this sound.

what could i have done wrong? thanks

What's wrong is all the booze you were drinking while doing this
repair. I know you were drunk because I was watching you on your
webcam. Now you will have to call a pro. You ****ed up big time !!!!
You are not capable of doing the repairs yourself.

Get your yellow pages and look for "appliance repair". The first
entry will be something like Aaaaaaapliance center. They do that to
get you to call them first. DO NOT call them, call one further down
the list, if you can read that far before passing out.

Dudeman

Wow, you created that user JUST to post that? Brilliant!