Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Laying new cable for electric and Telephone / TV

I am relaying cable network for my complete house which is G+2. All
lines including electrical, Telephone ( PBX), Cable, TV are to be
relayed.

Some of the quesries that I have

1. If there is any problem when all the cable wires go through the
same concealed pipe
2. Should the PBX be wired or will a wireless network be better.
3. What precaution should be taken when these activities are done. Is
there any website which lists these.

Thanx

Todd
Posted to alt.home.repair
DA DA is offline

DA had written this in response to
http://thestuccocompany.com/maintena...TV-274514-.htm
:

wrote:

I am relaying cable network for my complete house which is G+2. All
lines including electrical, Telephone ( PBX), Cable, TV are to be
relayed.

Some of the quesries that I have

1. If there is any problem when all the cable wires go through the
same concealed pipe
2. Should the PBX be wired or will a wireless network be better.
3. What precaution should be taken when these activities are done. Is
there any website which lists these.

Thanx

Todd

1. If you are in US then you CANNOT lay power cables with low voltage in
the same conduit or terminate in the same wall box. If you are not in US,
check with your fire officials.
2. Wire all you can while you can. It is always easier to abandon a wire
if you don't need it than to pull a new one if you do later on. Wired
solution (both PBX and computer network) will always be faster and more
secure. Also, you will have more hardware options available to you and
that hardware will be cheaper, too.
3. If you are doing it yourself and had never done that before, I would
not even know where to start. But if you hire out, best precaution is to
check your contractor's credentials. They better be members of an industry
association like BICSI (bicsi.org) or have a good explanation why they are
not. One explanation I've heard is that their union provided them with
training. But I doubt very much you'll hire a union member to do
residential work. Checking your contractor's completed jobs may not always
be indicative of their craftsmanship because in cabling some of the most
important details of the job are concealed inside the walls.

For a good starting point, check out
http://www.cabling-design.com
I am affiliated with the site but recommend it here anyways because I know
its content well.

Good luck!

D~

Delivered via http://thestuccocompany.com/
Posted to alt.home.repair

each line should be in its own conduit, and a cheap defense for future
needs is install a empty spare one for future needs

Telephone extension cable Dave UK diy 4 October 13th 07 06:00 PM
Testing Telephone Cable TheScullster UK diy 6 January 23rd 07 08:32 PM
Cat 5e telephone cable? John Carlyle-Clarke UK diy 29 June 18th 06 08:16 PM
Telephone cable - which one do I need? JoeJoe UK diy 8 June 11th 05 03:35 PM