Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Can I attach a PC Broadband Home Antennae to the top of my Homes MainElectrical Mast ?

If i were to attach my Broadband Antennae for my LapTop, right at the
top of my Homes Main Mast for the main electrical coming in....would
it get interference from the electricity coming into the house ? The
reason id like to attach it to the Mast is because it is the highest
object on my roof and id like maximum reception for my Broadband Air
Card. I could use my brick chimney, but its in the center of the roof
whereas the Main Electrical Mast is on the side of the house near to
where i want to run the cable inside the house for the Broadband
Antennae. Please advise and thanks .
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 9, 6:40�pm, wrote:
If i were to attach my Broadband Antennae for my LapTop, right at the
top of my Homes Main Mast for the main electrical coming in....would
it get interference from the electricity coming into the house ? �The
reason id like to attach it to the Mast is because it is the highest
object on my roof and id like maximum reception for my Broadband Air
Card. �I could use my brick chimney, but its in the center of the roof
whereas the Main Electrical Mast is on the side of the house near to
where i want to run the cable inside the house for the Broadband
Antennae. Please advise and thanks .

not a good idea, put it on a seperate mast well away from the power
line for safety sake

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 9, 3:40 pm, wrote:
If i were to attach my Broadband Antennae for my LapTop, right at the
top of my Homes Main Mast for the main electrical coming in....would
it get interference from the electricity coming into the house ? The
reason id like to attach it to the Mast is because it is the highest
object on my roof and id like maximum reception for my Broadband Air
Card. I could use my brick chimney, but its in the center of the roof
whereas the Main Electrical Mast is on the side of the house near to
where i want to run the cable inside the house for the Broadband
Antennae. Please advise and thanks .

Go find a couple of metal coat hangers, an aluminum colander and some
tin foil, but, remember for the best reception, install everything
barefoot during a thunderstorm
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 9, 6:40 pm, wrote:
If i were to attach my Broadband Antennae for my LapTop, right at the
top of my Homes Main Mast for the main electrical coming in....would
it get interference from the electricity coming into the house ? The
reason id like to attach it to the Mast is because it is the highest
object on myroofand id like maximum reception for my Broadband Air
Card. I could use my brick chimney, but its in the center of theroof
whereas the Main Electrical Mast is on the side of the house near to
where i want to run the cable inside the house for the Broadband
Antennae. Please advise and thanks .

Is your house four or more stories high?? I mean from the ground to
the peak..you are prob only talking aout 20 feet MAX..correct??

I cannot see how that extra footage will matter on the connection
strength..my guess is that if it is on the ground, down low where you
can safely install, and service it..or up higher..the connection meter
is going to show the same reading...20 feet or less just should not
matter..but if you fall...move..or need service..THAT will
matter......

just my opinion.....Good Luck!

satellite radio antennae? [email protected] Electronics Repair 6 September 7th 06 12:17 AM
Radio Antennae Mathussic Electronics 6 August 12th 06 08:16 AM
1987 homes compare to newer homes kelly Home Repair 13 January 3rd 06 11:12 PM
Transeastern Homes/Ashton Woods Homes in FL CJ Home Ownership 0 February 16th 04 06:27 PM
Mast Problem Gafffer Woodworking 0 September 19th 03 08:11 AM