Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Sagging Wood Floors...HELP!

I've got an old (1958) wood frame home that was built on a hillside, and
the floor is sagging in the middle of the house. There's a rather large
crawl space under the house( floor), about 7 feet of space in the
slopping area. You can see where other owners had put timbers (4"x4") on
rocks and then proped up againts the sagging floor frame.
But how can I get the floor frame back at the right height???...with a
jack of some sort?...or would a professional outfit like Power Lift be
needed? I would hope to avoid PL because of the $$$ involed.
Has anyone here delt with this sagging floor problem? I feel like the
floor will cave-in if nothing is done, it's in a high traffic area and
you can feel the slope down in the floor. I wouldn't say the wood is dry
rotted but it's has seen some better days....just needs repositioned
.....I think?
Thanks for any help.

wood floors bob kater Woodworking 2 May 10th 07 04:15 AM
where to buy dye for wood floors jo_jo Woodworking 15 July 30th 06 01:23 AM
Level beam but floors still sagging?? Jeff C Home Repair 5 January 23rd 05 02:06 PM
Sagging Floors, Jack Posts, Sandwich Beams MS Home Repair 7 March 20th 04 04:48 AM
Kitchen floors suggestions ?(cork, vinal, wood, laminate wood) c_kubie Home Repair 14 December 6th 03 08:37 PM