Posted to alt.home.repair
Christopher Flynn Christopher Flynn is offline

Default Sagging Wood Floors...HELP!

I've got an old (1958) wood frame home that was built on a hillside, and
the floor is sagging in the middle of the house. There's a rather large
crawl space under the house( floor), about 7 feet of space in the
slopping area. You can see where other owners had put timbers (4"x4") on
rocks and then proped up againts the sagging floor frame.
But how can I get the floor frame back at the right height???...with a
jack of some sort?...or would a professional outfit like Power Lift be
needed? I would hope to avoid PL because of the $$$ involed.
Has anyone here delt with this sagging floor problem? I feel like the
floor will cave-in if nothing is done, it's in a high traffic area and
you can feel the slope down in the floor. I wouldn't say the wood is dry
rotted but it's has seen some better days....just needs repositioned
.....I think?
Thanks for any help.