Old December 4th 07, 02:37 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Default louvered closet door replacement

I have a closet that houses my furnace and water heater. I has large
louvered doors that covers a space that is 8ft tall and 6ft wide. I've
checked a home center and found that new louvered doors are at a max of 80"
tall. My guess is that I could order custom sized door but they'd be very
expensive. Any ideas on a better solution for this?

Thanks.

Old December 4th 07, 04:05 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 4, 9:37 am, "J" wrote:
I have a closet that houses my furnace and water heater. I has large
louvered doors that covers a space that is 8ft tall and 6ft wide. I've
checked a home center and found that new louvered doors are at a max of 80"
tall. My guess is that I could order custom sized door but they'd be very
expensive. Any ideas on a better solution for this?

Thanks.

Sure,drop the head jamb down to take normal sized doors and finish off
the area above.
What is wrong with the original doors?
Old December 4th 07, 08:39 PM posted to alt.home.repair

J wrote:
I have a closet that houses my furnace and water heater. I has
large louvered doors that covers a space that is 8ft tall and 6ft
wide. I've checked a home center and found that new louvered doors
are at a max of 80" tall. My guess is that I could order custom
sized door but they'd be very expensive. Any ideas on a better
solution for this?

96" high louver doors aren't particularly rare. Lots of places they
are used more than 80" ones. Check around on the net, local lumber
yard, etc.

--

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

Old December 5th 07, 02:09 PM posted to alt.home.repair

That's great to know. Thanks for the tip. I'll keep looking.

"dadiOH" wrote in message
news:[email protected]..