Posted to alt.home.repair

Default gaslogs - valve/control knob

I have a very simple/cheap set of gaslogs. To light the pilot light I
turn the control knob to pilot, push the knob in and press the
'sparker.' Hold the control knob for 15 seconds, and then can turn
the control knob to turn on/regulate the flame.

The set of logs is only a year old. All of a sudden I can light the
pilot, but the control knob won't turn. It is absolutely locked.

I suspect it is some kind of safety catch that is malfunctioning.

Any thoughts or ideas are greatly appreciated.
Posted to alt.home.repair
JB JB is offline

On Nov 20, 3:02 pm, "Cheri" gserviceatinreachdotcom wrote:
jthread wrote in message ...

"Cheri" gserviceatinreachdotcom wrote in message

wrote in message

I have a very simple/cheap set of gaslogs. To light the pilot

light
turn the control knob to pilot, push the knob in and press the
'sparker.' Hold the control knob for 15 seconds, and then can turn
the control knob to turn on/regulate the flame.

The set of logs is only a year old. All of a sudden I can light

the
pilot, but the control knob won't turn. It is absolutely locked.

I suspect it is some kind of safety catch that is malfunctioning.

Any thoughts or ideas are greatly appreciated.

I don't have an answer for you, but maybe you have an answer for

me.
Do they sell the control knobs or square ended keys for them
somewhere, and are the square ended keys universal?

Cheri

u mean this one?

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...ductId=93407-0

00085334-CHO047&lpage=none

TY so much, yes that's what I mean. I searched all over Lowe's in my
town, and couldn't find it, so I see that it's not available at that
store only, but is available in other Lowe's. The one I have has a
long handle on it, and sticks too far out of the wall.

Cheri- Hide quoted text -

Those square keys control Dante valves (safety shutoffs) and the keys
are available at any gas fireplace or even gas barbecue specialty
shops.

--Jeff