Posted to alt.home.repair
Cheri Cheri is offline

Default gaslogs - valve/control knob

wrote in message
I have a very simple/cheap set of gaslogs. To light the pilot light

turn the control knob to pilot, push the knob in and press the
'sparker.' Hold the control knob for 15 seconds, and then can turn
the control knob to turn on/regulate the flame.

The set of logs is only a year old. All of a sudden I can light the
pilot, but the control knob won't turn. It is absolutely locked.

I suspect it is some kind of safety catch that is malfunctioning.

Any thoughts or ideas are greatly appreciated.

I don't have an answer for you, but maybe you have an answer for me.
Do they sell the control knobs or square ended keys for them
somewhere, and are the square ended keys universal?

Cheri