Posted to talk.politics.guns,misc.survivalism,rec.martial-arts,alt.usage.english,alt.home.repair

Default DETRIOT Declared America's Most Violent City (82% African)

On Mon, 19 Nov 2007 14:34:05 -0800 (PST), Jim34
wrote:

Statistics the corporate media meets with total silence;

Ranked Safest

1. Mission Viejo, California
White Non-Hispanic (76.0%)
Hispanic (12.1%)
Other race (3.8%)

2. Clarkstown, New York
White Non-Hispanic (76.0%)
Black (7.9%)
Hispanic (6.9%)
Asian Indian (3.0%
3. Brick Township, New Jersey

4. Amherst, New York
White Non-Hispanic (88.4%)
Black (3.9%)
Asian Indian (1.7%)

5. Sugar Land, Texas
White Non-Hispanic (60.8%)
Chinese (10.1%)
Hispanic (8.0%)
Asian Indian (6.8%)
Black (5.2%)

6. Colonie, New York
White Non-Hispanic (90.7%)
Black (3.5%)
Chinese (1.7%)

7. Thousand Oaks, California White Non-Hispanic (77.7%)
Hispanic (13.1%)
Other race (4.5%)

8. Newton, Massachusetts
White Non-Hispanic (86.4%)
Chinese (4.8%)
Hispanic (2.5%)
Black (2.0%)

9. Toms River Township, N.J.
10. Lake Forest, California
White Non-Hispanic (66.7%)
Hispanic (18.6%)
Other race (7.5%)

Ranked most dangerous

#1 Detriot

#2 St. Louis, Missouri
51.20% African American, 43.85% White

#3 Flint, Michigan
41.39% White, 53.27% Black or African American

#4 Oakland, California
35.66 percent African American, 23.52 percent White

#5 Camden, New Jersey
53.35% Black or African American, 16.84% White

#6 Birmingham, Alabama
73.46% Black or African American, 24.07% White

#7 North Charleston, South Carolina
49.41% African American, 44.76% White

#8 Memphis, Tennessee
61.41% African American, 34.41% White

#9 Richmond, California
21.36% white, 36.06% black or African American

#10 Cleveland, Ohio
50.99% Black or African American, 41.49% White

There was a segment on this study on the TV news today. Orlando is
ranked at #11. The mayor was interviewed, and said that the figures
are misleading because crimes that are not violent crimes are included
in the figures. It's all about reporting, according to the mayor, and
the ranking means nothing.

That segment was followed by a segment that rated Orlando's fire
department with the best in the country. The mayor did not say
that the figures were misleading in this case. In this case, it's not
all about the reporting and the ranking does mean something.

That's why he's our mayor. He's very good at spinning.

--

Tony Cooper
Orlando, FL
Posted to talk.politics.guns,misc.survivalism,rec.martial-arts,alt.usage.english,alt.home.repair

wrote:

Statistics the corporate media meets with total silence;

"The corporate media" normally report news. Not the chief exports of
Australia, or the square mileage of Saskatchewan, or these random statistics
you quote.

Posted to talk.politics.guns,misc.survivalism,rec.martial-arts,alt.usage.english,alt.home.repair

In misc.survivalism tony cooper wrote:

8. Newton, Massachusetts
White Non-Hispanic (86.4%)
Chinese (4.8%)
Hispanic (2.5%)
Black (2.0%)

We've slipped. We were number one for years.

--
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so
certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Posted to talk.politics.guns,misc.survivalism,rec.martial-arts,alt.usage.english,alt.home.repair

The Grammer Genious wrote:
wrote:

Statistics the corporate media meets with total silence;

"The corporate media" normally report news.

OBaue: No matter what's correct, in this case I would have
said "The corporate media 'normally reports news.'"
"Reports," not "report." I think "media" has been around
long enough as an entity to be treated as a singular -- at
least in the US. YMMV.

....Not the chief exports of
Australia, or the square mileage of Saskatchewan, or these
random
statistics you quote.

Regarding the Subject line: Detroit, not Detriot. Cute, but
it's a caliber of wordplay (spellplay?) that is not so much
clever as it is capable of causing harm. Shame on the
Original Poster, or whoever created the Subject line. (I
doubt very much that the misspelling was accidental.)

--
Maria
Resident of southeast Michigan, near Detroit; native of east

Posted to talk.politics.guns,misc.survivalism,rec.martial-arts,alt.usage.english,alt.home.repair

"Maria" wrote
The Grammer Genious wrote:
"The corporate media" normally report news.

OBaue: No matter what's correct, in this case I would have said "The
corporate media 'normally reports news.'" "Reports," not "report." I think
"media" has been around long enough as an entity to be treated as a
singular -- at least in the US. YMMV.

I agree, if you want to do that. But it's still plural too, and I would have
said what I did say.

Posted to talk.politics.guns,misc.survivalism,rec.martial-arts,alt.usage.english,alt.home.repair

The Grammer Genious wrote:
"Maria" wrote
The Grammer Genious wrote:
"The corporate media" normally report news.

OBaue: No matter what's correct, in this case I would have said "The
corporate media 'normally reports news.'" "Reports," not "report." I think
"media" has been around long enough as an entity to be treated as a
singular -- at least in the US. YMMV.

I agree, if you want to do that. But it's still plural too, and I would have
said what I did say.

I second that. (I'd have just said "Me, too" but you know how some folks
are offended by that sort if thing.)

Cheers, Sage