Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Older Oederlin tub faucet - any info?

I found an older handeld shower/bathtub valve setup at a junk store,
but I haven't been able to find any info on the manufacturer. It's
labeled "Oederlin" and "Made In Switzerland" on the valve body, and it
says "Patented" on the end of the handheld shower hose. The guy who
sold it to me thought it was more of a lab type faucet, however the
lever to switch between the bath and shower is labeled "B-S" It looks
like a chrome finish (not nickel), although I could be wrong.

Anybody out there know anything about this manufacturer? In any case,
I'm planning to install it on my clawfoot tub, but I'm interested in
both "restoration" and "having a handheld shower", and I'm curious as
to how old this faucet is - I have no idea if this is from the 30's or
the 70's... I'm pretty sure the existing faucet is the original,
although the previous owner somehow replaced the spigot with a hose
barb fitting so that he could slap in a shower attachment.

Thanks,
-Mike

Posted to alt.home.repair

No idea of that mfg., but that style is still the norm in Europe, even
in new construction and hotels. Vertical bar for the shower head to
slide up and down on, and you can pull it off for hand held, etc.
There is a catalog -- "Restorations," or the like that has all that
sort of stuff. Google is your friend.

Check this:

http://www.ub.unibas.ch/wwz/vsa/114-001.htm

Older Mobile TR5E800-11c Needing any info Mike Electronics Repair 0 March 10th 07 07:49 AM
Older Leigh Jig JGS Woodworking 3 July 13th 05 12:27 PM
Older NEC Television BOB Electronics Repair 0 August 20th 04 04:48 PM
WTD Info on Tapmatic 700X and info on Tapmatics Marty Escarcega Metalworking 3 June 8th 04 05:00 AM