Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What's in your (wallet) disposer?

Yesterday morning while my wife was preparing breadkfast our kitchen
garbage disposer got jammed on of all things, a shiny dime.

It was trivial to unjam and remove it and hit the reset button but I'm
still scratching my head as to how the heck that dime ended up near
enough the kitchen sink to fall "down the drain".

So, what's the goofiest jamming thing that's gotten in YOUR garbage
disposer? G

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Jeff Wisnia" wrote in message

Yesterday morning while my wife was preparing breadkfast our kitchen
garbage disposer got jammed on of all things, a shiny dime.

It was trivial to unjam and remove it and hit the reset button but I'm
still scratching my head as to how the heck that dime ended up near enough
the kitchen sink to fall "down the drain".

So, what's the goofiest jamming thing that's gotten in YOUR garbage
disposer? G

Jeff

25 years ago, before I knew better: Two handfuls of kale stems which
instantly turned into the world's strongest rope when I turned on the
disposal. Not funny. It took an hour with a razor blade to chop the stuff
into pieces and untangle it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 05 Nov 2007 20:00:01 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

"Jeff Wisnia" wrote in message

Yesterday morning while my wife was preparing breadkfast our kitchen
garbage disposer got jammed on of all things, a shiny dime.

It was trivial to unjam and remove it and hit the reset button but I'm
still scratching my head as to how the heck that dime ended up near enough
the kitchen sink to fall "down the drain".

So, what's the goofiest jamming thing that's gotten in YOUR garbage
disposer? G

Jeff

25 years ago, before I knew better: Two handfuls of kale stems which
instantly turned into the world's strongest rope when I turned on the
disposal. Not funny. It took an hour with a razor blade to chop the stuff
into pieces and untangle it.

It is funny Years ago the wife put leafy material in the disposal.
Don't recall what it was, but both sides of the sink was filled with
green water and iirc the dishwasher vent had to even be clean. Where
is that plunger... )
--
Oren

"I wouldn't even be here if my support group hadn't beaten me up."
Posted to alt.home.repair

Jeff Wisnia writes:

Yesterday morning while my wife was preparing breadkfast our kitchen
garbage disposer got jammed on of all things, a shiny dime.

It was trivial to unjam and remove it and hit the reset button but I'm
still scratching my head as to how the heck that dime ended up near
enough the kitchen sink to fall "down the drain".

So, what's the goofiest jamming thing that's gotten in YOUR garbage
disposer? G

sewing needle.

But we've only had one a few years, give us some time.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Jeff Wisnia" wrote in message

So, what's the goofiest jamming thing that's gotten in YOUR garbage
disposer? G

Jeff

Most exotic was a simple bottle cap. Over the years though, my daughter has
managed to mangle quite a few pieces of silverware. Our service for eight
became a service for three.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Jeff Wisnia wrote in news:13iusfq3a3mop94
@corp.supernews.com:

Yesterday morning while my wife was preparing breadkfast our kitchen
garbage disposer got jammed on of all things, a shiny dime.

It was trivial to unjam and remove it and hit the reset button but I'm
still scratching my head as to how the heck that dime ended up near
enough the kitchen sink to fall "down the drain".

So, what's the goofiest jamming thing that's gotten in YOUR garbage
disposer? G

Jeff

Not a jam story but I called mine the fish cemetery. Had a tropical fish
tank for many years.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 5, 2:42 pm, Jeff Wisnia wrote:
Yesterday morning while my wife was preparing breadkfast our kitchen
garbage disposer got jammed on of all things, a shiny dime.

It was trivial to unjam and remove it and hit the reset button but I'm
still scratching my head as to how the heck that dime ended up near
enough the kitchen sink to fall "down the drain".

So, what's the goofiest jamming thing that's gotten in YOUR garbage
disposer? G

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Not a jam story...but a dime story.

The Saturday before Halloween, I went to the Dollar Store to get a few
things to decorate the front of my house with. The total came to
$11.10. I didn't have a dime, so I ended up with 90 cents in change.

Upon returning home I got the box of Halloween stuff out of the attic.
Guess what I found lying on the bottom of the box? A dime! It was
pretty spooky.

God likes to play tricks on people...I guess I owe him a treat.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 06 Nov 2007 11:50:46 -0800, DerbyDad03
wrote:

[snip]

Not a jam story...but a dime story.

The Saturday before Halloween, I went to the Dollar Store to get a few
things to decorate the front of my house with. The total came to
$11.10. I didn't have a dime, so I ended up with 90 cents in change.

Upon returning home I got the box of Halloween stuff out of the attic.
Guess what I found lying on the bottom of the box? A dime! It was
pretty spooky.

When I was buying stuff before Halloween (the store was advertising a
"last minute" sale a week and a half early). I paid cash and the
clerk had figured 94 cents change. She was out of pennies and gave me
95 cents. After I had gone out to my car, I found a penny and went
back in to give it to her.

God likes to play tricks on people...I guess I owe him a treat.

When I do something good, I don't give up responsibility.

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

school classes." -- Ted Kennedy